Titans @ Texans Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

As usual... we nearly shot ourselves in the foot in the closing minutes. We need to start stopping the 30-40 yard passes every team appears to be making against us. I guess the strategy to beating the titans isn't so much of a secret. Just keep passing for 40 yards at a time and the odds are against us.

I bet by week 10, offenses will be running all over us with 400 yard passing games.

and 7 yards rushing total.

#90 Camp Fodder

We should have never been in that position in the first place.

Conservative play calling almost lost us this game.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

and remember ... you love men :grrhee:

#90 Camp Fodder

5. CNYTitanFan

CNYTitanFan Guest

"Just when it looked the Titans had the game wrapped up with a 32-7 lead heading into the fourth quarter, the Texans began a comeback which led to them taking a 36-35 lead with only 1:06 left in the game."

I was having 1992 flashbacks...

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

one thing I took from that game (let's make it two)

Nick Harper needs to be out
    Chris Henry needs to be in

7. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

Way to go Rob! We are lucky to have him.

8. Sledge

Sledge Guest

We played too conservative after the Henry TD. On both sides of the ball. You don't run with 3 yards a pop White on the first two downs and then setup the obvious throw to the TE on 3rd... On D they only rushed 4 the whole half, putting no pressure on "Drew" Rosenselfs whatsoever... And our DBs when the QB has time look so bad out there, especially Lowry, who got beat what 6 times on long bombs?

Of course, the real key to all this are the 4 FGs of less than 30 yards, which tell you our red zone offense is less than red hot...

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

We went into the classic Schwartz "prevent the win" defence and got shredded by freaking Sage Rosenfelds. I don't care who makes that call, be it Fisher or Schwartz, whoever it is has got to go, because we will never make it in the playoffs with that line of thinking.

And our red zone offence sucks, again be it Fisher or Chow, it needs to be fixed.

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

What's that stat they showed for Fisher's win-loss record when going into the 4th qtr with a lead? Something silly like 43-3. One of the best all time, iirc.

But the Paris Hilton joke was good :ha:

No doubt we need to find ways to put 7 up instead of 3 time after time after time. And the D....well maybe a team found and exploited a weakness that hasn't really been exploited much yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar