Titans @ Texans Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

2. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

I want to say before the game that I support Rusty Smith even if I think he sucks.

I want the Titans to win so that means I have to cheer for everybody even RS.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. TitanJeff

With all the happenings this week, this game has actually been overshadowed. Let's talk about some keys to win this game.

The Cows are 31st in total defense and dead last against the pass. Their run D is 15th. They'll do what everyone else has done and sell out to stop CJ. I think we'll see a lot of short passes from Rusty early to build his confidence and hopefully open up the run game. Dinger has the first few plays scripted which should help Rusty get a good start.

The key in this one is to not fall behind, IMO. If the Titans have to put the game on Rusty's shoulders, it's going to be a struggle because the Texans will be able to pin their ears back and go after him. That means the Titans D needs to do a much better job slowing the Texans passing game (ranked 11th) and limit Foster who has their running game ranked 8th. The Titans can't give up the big plays and have to get off the field or they'll be gassed late.

Big concern for me is the interior DL which is always key to disrupting Schaub. Jones is likely out. Brown isn't 100%. They have to find a way to get pressure on Schaub or it'll be a long day. I'm more concerned about the defense today than Rusty's numbers. If they step up and get some turnovers, the Titans will be able to stay within their offensive game plan which means we'll see a lot of CJ today.

4. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

Our secondary needs to do a good job containing the widerecievers. I expect lots of blitzing on Schaub to enhance the pass rush. I am not totally confident in our DBs, but if they can manage I think we can win.

5. TitanJeff

We'll get a good feel of how good Finnegan is today. Let's hope Hope will be able to help in coverage.

6. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

HAHA, Hope help in coverage thats funny.

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

saying the texans are 31st in total defense is like saying the Skins are last in 3rd down conversions.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. TitanT

TitanT Pro Bowler

I also hope defense can help too. Looks like the winner will be putting up some points. I'm ready to yell at my television and radio (got mike and frank mic'ed up and tv on mute) .
    GO TITANS! GO! :yell2:

9. Tight Uns

Tight Uns I'm a girl, dude

Let's win one for the 'dinger!!!

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. TitanJeff

:yes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar