Titans talent level...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Dec 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

touche....

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

LT didn't run over my dog and I think his play is pretty bad too. Commentators don't watch every game, every play we make. I do, and the replays when I can. This started in the Dallas game when I was trying to figure why we couldn't stop them. I started watching our LB play, Sirmon to see if he was as bad as people say, and Bulluck. These are my conclusions. You are welcome to make your own. It's not easy calling out a perceived hero. Two years ago I said the same thing about McNair and suffered the wrath of a lot of posters. Now in hindsight most agree he was not producing here, nor being a leader. It's even more evident when you hear Mason talk about trying to get McNair up there way before this year. Not saying that is the case with Bulluck, but his play has declined. He literally runs around more like a free safety than a LB.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Oh god don't tell me he is Mr E.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:ha:

oh man, i forgot all about that guy.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Mr. Eeeediot

Anywho he watches games and replays and says Bulluck sucks. But yet Drew is not to blame for drops and Pacman didn't get burnt against the Colts on an apparent Cover 2 (in which it was no way a Cover 2)...I don't think the elevator goes all the way to the top.

I like how he can't read these, its fun now. I also like how he tells people when their credibility is lost.

Wish I could do that.

6. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

We have lots of above average guys, but the only true top 5 at the position is Pacman at Punt returner. :yes:

Dont believe me I can name 5 guys better then anyone you come up with.

7. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

I think Saturday, Hardwick, Kruetz, Birk, and Hartings are better at center. And Bullucks above average, but not playing at the best level right now, can he..sure, will he be able to who knows?

8. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

QB - VY - above avg
    RB - Henry - above avg
    FB - Hall - top 5 (yes, really)
    WR - Bennett
    WR - Givens
    TE - Scaife/Troupe- above avg.
    LT - Roos - above avg
    LG - Bell
    OC - Mawae - Top 5
    RG - Olson- below average (but not by much)
    RT - Stewart- above average

RDE - LaBoy/Odom - below average
    DT - Haynesworth- above average
    DT - Smith/Starks - below average
    LDE - KVB - above average
    ROLB - Bulluck - Top 5
    MLB - Tulloch
    LOLB - Thornton - above average
    CB - Pacman - Top 5
    CB - Hill - below average
    NB - Finnegan- above average (for a nickel)
    FS - LT - bottom 5
    SS - Hope - above avg (very close to top 5)

I actually like our talent level a lot...all we need is xp.

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

:biglaugh:

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I this on a scale of top 5 starters, top 10 starters, good starter, average starter, below average starter, bad starter (i.e. shouldn't be starting). A player is given a (NULL) if he hasn't contributed significantly, due to injuries or inactivity for whatever reason.

QB - VY - Good Starter
    RB - Henry - Good Starter
    FB - Hall - Good Starter
    WR - Bennett - Good Starter
    WR - Givens - Good Starter (NULL)
    TE - Scaife/Troupe - Average Starter/Average Starter (NULL)
    LT - Roos - Good Starter
    LG - Bell - Average Starter
    OC - Mawae - Top 10
    RG - Olson - Average Starter
    RT - Stewart - Good Starter

RDE - LaBoy/Odom - Below Average/Below Average
    DT - Haynesworth - Good Starter
    DT - Smith/Starks - Good Starter/Below Average
    LDE - KVB - Good Starter
    ROLB - Bulluck - Top 5
    MLB - Tulloch - Average Starter
    LOLB - Thornton - Top 10
    CB - Pacman - Top 10
    CB - Hill - Below Average Starter
    NB - Finnegan - Good Starter
    FS - LT - Bad Starter
    SS - Hope - Good Starter

Evaluation: The squad is a mixed bag. On offense, I feel we have the ability to achieve decently with the talent. Vince Young, Travis Henry, and Ahmad hall give us a good to great backfield because of their solid play; they are who I personally trust the most on offense. Drew Bennett, Givens (when healthy), Wade, Jones can be considered a solid, if unspectacular, corps when all-together. The O-Line is solid on the outside with two good starting tackles. The only spectacular player is Mawae in the center.

In terms of defense, the line is our biggest hole. Laboy/Odom on one end can only be considered below average, in both pass-rush ability and run-stopping. Haynesworth is a good starter, but he should be a Top 10 talent EASILY. The jury is out on Robarie, but Starks can only be considered Below Average at this point in his career. Tony Brown is a surprise, but he should not be starting. KVB is a Good Starter, but cannot be considered a Top 10 talent at this point; one great season does not garner one that.

The linebacking corps should be a strength. Bulluck is a Top 5 talent, and Thornton, albeit a slight reach perhaps, can be considered a Top 10 ability player because he is just that solid. Tulluch is an average starter at this point, but he has room to improve to perhaps a solid MLB. Sirmon, if graded here, would be a Below Average Starter.

The secondary is a blessing and a curse talent wise. PacMan Jones is a Top 10 ability player, with room to grow to a Top 5; some anaylists already have him Top 5, I do not. All due respect to Gunny and others, Hill should not be a NFL starting CB; he should be a #4 CB, but his ability would make him a valuable backup. I listed Finnagin at a Good Starter, considering how our nickel package is consistantly used. LT is a Bad Starter, and should not be starting for any NFL team; he has a Top 5 bottom tiear safety starters. Hope is a Good Starter, is a solid tackler and a decent playmaker; surely a good pick.

I would sum it up like this:

Backfield (Includes Starting QB): A-
    WRs (Including healthy Givens): B-
    O-Line: B-

Defensive Line: C-
    Linebacking Corps: B-
    Secondary: C

Clearly, we have good talent in some places, but places like the secondary and D-line require IMMIDIATE assistance for next year. The linebacking corps, the WR core could use some tuneups via freeagency or draft. We should consider drafting more talent to pool in the o-line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar