Titans "strongly" considering Locker at 8

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TheSureThing, Apr 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Redskins a possibility.

Please NO to anybody but Gabbert at #8.

I hope we don't take Locker at #8. I'd rather us pick up a serviceable vet (Alex Smith, Orton) and get Julio Jones if he is #8. Jones would bring what our locker room needs and I believe it would kick Britt into gear. Avoid Nick Fairley- he is AH 2.0 except only 70% of the talent. He doesn't have the heart to get himself physically in shape enough to be physically dominant. (And I don't think Tracy Rocker can influence him once the transfer of $ has occurred.)

We effed up SO bad trying sneak Blount on the practice squad. We need a power back. I believe CJ will break down this year if we keep hammering him like we've been doing.

CJ, Britt, Julio Jones, Cook and a serviceable vet could REALLY create a potent offense- even in year one of the new regime. We could focus on D in round two and on. If we suck, then next year's class has better QB talent IMO than what we're seeing with the second tier QB's in this year.

I'm not sold on Locker.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I wish there was a CBA! Then we could attempt to trade for Orton, Fitzpatrick, or Palmer. It would be sweet getting AJ or Julio at #8, then D in the following rounds and pickup a vet QB. Although without the CBA we have to get a QB.

I'm starting to like this mock:
    1st Round - Jake Locker
    2nd Round - Stephen Paea
    3rd Round - OLB (Bruce Carter or Mason Foster)
    4th Round - OG
    4th Round - DE

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'll support whoever the team picks, but I hate the guy, especially as an 8th pick. I think he was knocked out of every game I watched him over the course of 4 years.

Injury prone running quarterback with accuracy problems. At least he is white.:rolleyes:

4. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I like Locker, and would be fine with him, my problem is that I don't have him that much higher then Dalton, Ponder, or Kaepernick, and I'm pretty sure one of those would be there in round 2. Another problem I have with the QBs this year is that I don't believe there is 1 franchise QB in the group. There are a bunch of projects who could be franchise QBs 3-4 years down the road, but picking a QB in the top 10 you cannot afford to wait that long for them to pan out. I'd much rather go defense in round 1, and take a QB in the 2nd or 3rd. That way we would have a young QB to develop, and if we were in a position next year to get one of the 3 top QBs that will be in the draft (Luck, Barkley, Landry Jones), then we won't have to pass because we used our first rounder this year on a project. Those 3 would be 1,2 and 3 in this draft class. If we have a good year and don't pick high, we still have our QB we drafted this year to develop.
    If we take Locker, which I fully believe we will, I will support the decision because that means they believe he will be that franchise QB, and you don't pass on those. It's just not what I would do.

5. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

i'm with you, he is not worth anything near an 8th... if we really want him, trade down or get someone else

6. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Called it, 2 months ago.

When Locker was still considered early 2nd.

Just sayin'

:)

Maybe it was for the triple hate post, lol

7. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I "strongly" hope this is a smokescreen.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I didn't say it was no big deal. Once again, you just make things up and twist people's word to fit your warped perception of reality. I said the logic was simple, apparently not simple enough for you.

What I said, and read this carefully, is that if a team thinks a guy, any guy, is a franchise quarterback and he's available when they pick, he's got to be the pick. If this thread was about Newton I would have said the same thing, with a "I hope not" attached to it.

I'm pretty lukewarm on Locker. He's done everything required from him to be an NFL qb except improve his accuracy. Snaps from under center, calling plays in the huddle, played in a multiple read system, good athlete, good leader. I really do think his inaccuracy is due to mechanics. He's on the money constantly outside the pocket because he squares his shoulders and throws with the correct foot. When he's in the pocket he's hopping around and throwing with a horrible base.

9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

In all honesty, last night when I said I was sold on Locker and wanted him, I had been under the influence of alcohol. But I'm really not too much sold on him as of yet, the reason I may be a little sold on him is because I think that's who we are going to pick with the 8th pick next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar