Titans still plan to trade or release Vince Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Why else would a "players" coach constantly dog him in front of the media? Just asking...... when the whole thing stinks of fish and his mistakes continue to mount, it makes it hard to believe he handled anything vince-related correctly. Think about it. If Fisher keeps getting exposed for his mistakes coach management, why couldn't he make mistakes with Vince......hmmmmmmmm.

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I know!!

He even had players wearing Jeff Fisher towels!!

3. Mr.biggums

How did titans win in that year? Run game and defense. Yes guys we actually had a defense once about a time.

4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I argued with this crap for months now....and will not argue any more (just sick of saying and seeing the same statements over and over and over and over and over and....well you get the idea).

You have your opinion....whatever.

I disagree.

Both folks are gone now, so just move on.

5. xBrah

xBrah Hope we get a new SS

I'm not even sure what you mean by the first time he brought us back from the dead. I'm guessing you mean '07 .. and the '07 defense was very similar to the '08 defense that carried Kerry Collins to 13-3. So... while LenDale wasn't a good back at all, we had a pretty good run game that still averaged 100+ ypg (without VY's rushing stats). Factor that in with the defense we had, and a QB who isn't very skilled can appear to have brought a team back from the dead.

In response to the part about fumbles being a part of it and blah blah blah, well.. In 5 seasons, starting 47 games, Vince has 38 fumbles, while only been sacked 75 times in his career. He only lost 12 of those fumbles but I think that it's pretty irrelevant whether or not he lost them.

Idk if that covers it or not.. kind of confused by your post really. It appears you're trying to give Vince a pass on having a dreadful '07 and saying he did something special.

6. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

It's irrelevant whether or not he lost them? That's the dumbest thing I've read all day. It's irrelevant when he doesn't lose them. He's usually going to the ground anyway and it makes no difference. :hmm:

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Mr.biggums

Hey Brah, check your stats. 2006 guided the titans to an 8-5 finish after we started 0-3. We had a 5-11 and 4-12 in the years before and at least we won a ballgame in the first three. You damn right I give the credit to vince for having bobby mufkin wade and drew bennett and a defense that averaged giving up 25 points a game.

On a side note, I never emphasized if losing a fumble was relevant, but how is it not? The other team automatically gets possession instead of the offense just losing a down and some yards.

Yes, 2007 he played horrible and had a good, not great defense. He made some bad throws and bad plays but that is part of the learning progress and EVERY quarterback goes through it. Its called sophmore slump for a reason.

He brought us back again 2009. Don't mention Cj because he played in the first six games and they didn't win a single damn one. Don't mention the defense, because they gave up 25 points a game again. Vince and CJ together is a great combo. Riddle me this, kerry's vastily superior knowledge of reading defenses got him 12-6 and 14-8. Know what those numbers mean? His Td to interception ratio. I'll take 20-9 in his fifth year as a pro, really only third as a starter in games.

8. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

string logic...awesome

just keep "doin what you doin' " guy

9. Mr.biggums

I will.

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Well, that's the thing. Both are not gone just yet. Vince Young is still under contract for the moment. I think the damage is already done and Vince will be gone, but it isn't too far fetched that the team would now try to hang on to Vince with Fisher gone, seeing as how he forced this 'me or him' type situation.

Fresh starts can happen with familiar faces. The offseason hasn't even started yet. Vince may end up being the best option for us. Hell, before yesterday, we all believed Fisher was going to be the head coach next season, as it was reported.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar