Titans Still Have Hope for Brown's Return

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Despite using a second-round pick in the last two drafts at RB, the Tennessee Titans continue to talk with RB Chris Brown's agent on a deal. "We would still like him back, and I think deep down he would still like to be back here," Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt said. "It is probably fair to say we both think this would be a good match, but the compensation is still the issue." Brown feels he is in the best physical shape of his career and wants to prove he can play at a high level. "A lot of people don't think I can still do it," said Brown. "But I still have it in my eyes. I can still play at a high level in this league, and wherever I land, I'll show up with a big chip on my shoulder."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

honestly, I think Brown is weak sauce. That being said, if he can come in and perform at a high level, more power to him. I won't be talking him up until I see some solid results though.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I think he is the best available option. I'd like to see him come back. He is familiar with Chow, the system and the area.

4. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

[​IMG] What number would Brown wear if we resign him? I was kinda mad when I heard Henry got 29 do you think he would let Brown keep it then go and ask Eddie to wear 27. :))

5. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Glad to see we're dealing with the big issues straight away.

I'm pretty depressed about this news. If a guy is only our #3 back a year ago, how does bringing him back now make our team better. We know his ceiling and it ain't that high.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

IMO, Brown would be ideal here for a one-year deal. He knows the offense. He knows the blocking schemes on third down. He's quality depth who might even win out the #1 spot if given the chance.

Problem is, he wants to either get a longer deal (which means he settles for a lot less $$) or, if it's a one-year deal, be in a position where he gets plenty of touches to get the attention of teams in '08 (and they may not happen with Henry and White).

I don't see it happening until training camp and Brown's options are gone because I don't see the Titans giving him more than a one-year deal or guaranteeing him anything in the way of playing time.

7. BOOOOO!!!!!
    he goes through the hole, trips and gets turf toe, then hes out for the season and everyone goes woah

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Misconceptions about brown..

The last post from titan kid is what is wrong with this discussion. Titan jeff gave a solid reasoned reason why brown would be fine here. My goodness we are talking about our 3rd string back! But myth, misconceptions and extreme thinking have to take over. Yeah let's sign some guy who is not nearly as good just on principal. :rolleyes:

I'm waiting for a post that recommends nash for that spot.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What is indy waiting for?

Maybe brown is asking too much but it seems that he is a perfect fit there. The 2 backs on indy's depth chart behind addai have not carried the ball once in the nfl. The colts did not draft a back either. Brown has played well against indy and he seems to have those qualities that fit that offense. He can catch the ball and isn't bad at all in pass protection. If brown is asking for more than a million in a one year deal few teams will want him because that is too much for a #3 guy.

Brown mainly lives in chicago but has a home here which is why he is open to maybe coming back here. The bears are fixed at 1 and 2 but their draft pick wolfe, only weighs 180 lbs so maybe he is an option there. Unlike adrian peterson brown doesn't play special teams which is another draw back because #3 RBs always contribute on special teams.

Jeff is right i think because brown will wait until camp when an opening will be created due to injury and he will have a chance to be a #2 somewhere. More money and more playing time.

10. BJShan

BJShan Starter

The guy was the #3 back for half a season...

He was ONLY the #3 because he requested a trade and got in the Fisher dog house.

Can some of you honestly not remember the 2004 season? Or were you not fans back then? Brown can be very very good on the field when he isn't injured. That should be the only question mark about him, injuries, not talent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar