Titans stats and around the league

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Sep 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Or at least says something about play predictability with Henry in the game.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Yeah because Teams stack the box 45% of the time because of Henry lol. You guys are ridiculous. You don’t remember Dion Lewis running the rock? The obsession is strong.....9

3. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

dion lewis' involvement is not really relevant in this stat...

when the RB in on the play (Henry) doesn't catch passes in the backfield, the defense doesnt respect it, or need to.

he does seem to have improved a bit. i wouldn't hesitate to toss it to him in the backfield this year.

4. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

GB had fat ass Eddie Lacy in the backfield and teams weren't stacking the box. They only do so if they don't respect the QB. And they aren't going to respect a QB who throws 25 passes over 16 yards

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. VondyP

mariota was injured and not throwing deep last year, so yeah it makes sense they'd stack the box when the RB who doesnt catch passes is in, he's almost guaranteed to be running it every time.

#975 VondyP, Jun 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I don’t know why it’s ridiculous to think that defenses can guess when run plays are coming. Lewis or Henry we’re in the backfield and the QB was known to be hurt and/or Gabbert so it would make sense to stack the box more anyway.
    I’m suggesting that teams know we are primarily running and even down and distance becomes predictable, so teams were good at guessing.

Not really sure what you were assuming I was obsessing over with that post anyway.

7. VondyP

prepare for the meltdown

• Informative Informative x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Interesting stat no doubt....but, how often did he throw for scores...win games....etc. whole lot of average elsewhere. This stat is an example of why he can be so frustrating. He can be great in areas, but suck horribly where it counts.

9. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

He had the highest sack rate, as well as the highest % of pressures which resulted in sacks in the league. You are being naive if you honestly say that he plays well under pressure .

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. VondyP

you are being naive if you say that he doesnt

i expected you to come in here and come up with some reason to discredit it though, it's what you do. all bad no good from u, all the time

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar