Titans stats and around the league

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Sep 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

What I keep seeing from all these grades is:

Mariota only plays well when the OL and WRs grade out perfectly. If any one of these groups don't grade well, Marcus has a disasterous day.

As a franchise QB, in my opinion, the onus falls upon the QB to make everyone around him better, and too often Mariota is the benefactor when everyone else plays perfectly.

When does he raise up everyone else's play?

Marcus is the 28th ranked QB in the league, just in front of Rosen and Winston, who both have more TDs. I don't understand how he's ahead of Osweiler, Tannehil and Beathard who each have more TDs and less INTs.

This is unacceptable.

National Football League Stats - by Player Category | NFL.com

2. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

the OL is struggling to pass block, giving up tons of sacks, and gives practically ZERO running room for the RBs?

[​IMG]

#412 VondyP, Nov 19, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Can’t believe I’m saying this, cause considering all the draft capital this team used to draft this guy, but move Conklin to RG and Kelly to RT.

Doesn’t have to be a permanent move, or it could if it worked well.

But Conklins best season was as a rookie, when he was having a lot of help with TE’s lining up on on his side and chipping the ends.

I’m not a draft expert and I take what most draft reports/experts say with a grain of salt. But I remember a few of them reporting some teams viewed Conklin more as a guard and felt he didn’t have enough agility to combat speed rushers at the NFL level.

Might be the injury and he just needs time to get back, but he has looked slow dealing with the pass rush and the team has gotten better RT play out of Kelly.

I know this might be a wack take, and if this actually did happen (which it won’t, just personally think this is the current best move. Especially since Kline is AWFUL) and I don’t wanna even know how pissed people would be that this team has used a top 10 pick for a guard in the span of 5 years apart.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

My goodness, snobby HS girls don't hold grudges like Titans fans about "draft capital". If you could chip a pass rusher and turn A guard into an All Pro tackle, then how are there any bad RTs in the league? Just listen to yourself.

5. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yeah... gotta totally disagree with you champ...

you must not be familiar with Robiskie ... what with being in Eurabia and all.

Robiskie ... nothing good at all to say about him as an OC.

notice he took a job as a WR coach immediately cause even his fat stupid ass knew he had zero business being an NFL OC

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

and yet his offense was more productive with DeMarco Murray and Hamstrung Mariflota?

I understand your hate for Robiskie just like everyone else here, but do the stats and production not kill your argument for "Offensive Genius LaFleur"?

8. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Maybe you should read the context of the post instead always coming in trying to cape for JRob for whatever reason.

I mentioned the draft capital because if he was moved to RG (which he won’t, it was just an opinion of mine)

Then trading a 1st, 2nd and 3rd to move up and get a RG with a top 10 pick is a waste of draft capital. It’s already a stretch drafting a RT with that.

I hold the belief you do that for players that can either shut down an opposing player on offense or elite caliber offensive weapons.

And I’m sorry, if you draft a lineman with a top 10 pick. They better have the capability to handle pass rushers on their own.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

People knock Robinson for picking guys who were vetted by a failed scouting staff and had to fit in a scheme which he is clearly trying to get away from. He also was basically given no choice but to put protection for Marcus as the top priority , and Conklin was a prototype tackle for a power blocking scheme. If any young player struggled because they were miscast in Mularkey's offense, it would reflect on him, not Amy's lover boy HC.

If you want to point fingers at how that first draft went, look at the incompetence which has plagued this organization for years. Robinson was subservient or basically the equivalent to the HC in pecking order since Day 1, which was a terrible idea and just results in wasted time and resources. You see that when the QB can actually somewhat grip the ball or the DC isn't in the hospital, those 2017 picks look much better than they did under Mularkey. You guys need to get over that Damn draft when he was working with a bunch of clowns.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Marcus Mariota was pressured on 10 of his 21 dropbacks Sunday. He completed three of five pass attempts under pressure for 42 yards and a passer rating of 87.1.(Per PK)

Meanwhile....

On the six dropbacks Tennessee sent a blitz, Colts quarterback Andrew Luck completed six passes for 119 yards and a touchdown for a passer rating of 158.3. The Titans pressured Luck on only three of his dropbacks.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar