Titans Star Chris Johnson Record Label

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ImATitan, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I guess CJ is keeping busy.. lol

http://www.sohh.com/2011/08/nfl_star_chris_johnson_tackles_by_day_ge.html

With the NFL season nearly set for kick-off, Tennessee Titans star running back Chris Johnson decided to hit up SOHH and reveal his interest in making a run in the music industry.

With plans to make it big in the music biz, Johnson has launched a new record label called Flashy Lifestyle Entertainment.

"Flashy Lifestyle Entertainment is a hip-hop label that I started with Kenny Turner," Johnson told publicists Jonathan Hay and Justin Melo for SOHH. "We have four different solo artists and one group on the label that all go hard. The solo artists go by the names of Pressure Dommer, Lil EZ, Ballie and Stakkhouse. The group goes by the name of The Elite Squad. They are all working on material right now and we're about to release a label compilation mixtape very soon called Greenlight." (SOHH)

Already known for his football talent, Johnson explained his motivation to venture out into the music industry

"Music is always something I wanted to somehow be a part of," he added. "I always wanted to be a rapper or be involved with the rap industry in some sort of fashion. Flashy Lifestyle and the artists that we have -- have given me the opportunity to finally do that." (SOHH)

Chris Johnson has been the Tennessee Titans star rning back since 2008.

Adding world-class speed and big-play ability to the rushing attack, Chris Johnson has quickly emerged as one of the NFL's top young offensive stars. The former first-round pick has the uncanny ability to score from anywhere on the field. He produced one of the most extraordinary seasons by a running back in league history when he amassed a franchise-best 2,006 rushing yards and an NFL-record 2,509 yards from scrimmage in 2009. (Titans Online)

2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I know this isn't football related but I figured I'd post it after just seeing it; it's a brand new article released today.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Oh boy, C.J. is tone def for sure.

4. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

They (SOHH) lost me with "Chris Johnson tackles by day,..."

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Lol this is true.. Odd headline choice for sure.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I really hate to say this, but I'm really starting to not like CJ.

7. JCBRAVE

I kinda feel the same. Still my first choice for RB tho.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Don't let this music venture turn you off him. Here's another article from the other day (another interview) and look what he says about football/music:

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2011/07/26/chris-johnson-x-2dopeboyz/

DB: Right, I feel you, totally. Do people around you worry about spending more time on music than football?

Chris Johnson: No, because football is number one. I do the music thing or whatever when I’m not doing anything. Football ultimately comes first and it’s not even close. If I had to break it down from 100%, I would say that when it’s time for football and stuff, it’s 99% football and 1% music. But when I’m in the offseason and don’t have to worry about football, then I can put a lot more work into the music side of things.

That's actually a really cool interview. Y'all should check it out as well.

9. JCBRAVE

I get that music is his hobby and all, and that's actually cool. It's better than hanging out in New Jersey getting blunted up I guess. And the coolest thing about C.J. is how him and Kenny keep their friendship alive. It's hard to maintain childhood friendships as adults, especially when you're famous.

BUT I just don't like my favorite teams star player having an out if he doesn't get paid by the Titans. I WANT that guy PLAYING!! I want him to value football so much that it would kill him not to play.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Pressure Dommer, Lil EZ, Ballie and Stakkhouse? GTFOH!!!

Don't quit your day job CJ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar