Titans staff watching Kaepernick, Locker, very closely

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TorontoTitanFan, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I like how everyone tries to blow Cam Newton off when he is probably the best Qb in this draft. Does that mean we pick him in rd 1? No not necessarily but he is every bit as viable as any of these other bozos we are talking about.

Draft countdown ranks him 14th

Great blue north ranks him 9th

Nfl draft scout ranks him 9th

He was on Kiper's top 10 and ranked #2 among Qbs behind Gabbert.

Hardly a wild weirdo radical idea that he might be a top 10 pick especially with Locker and Mallett falling like rocks.

In my last post i simply asked if the Titans alleged interest in locker and this other kid with the funny name might be a smokescreen for their interest in somebody else such as Newton and some child, some infant gave me the "it sucks". I suck for asking a question? Grow up and discuss the issue you damn baby.

2. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Stanzi and Kaepernick are both being looked at because they are low risk project QBs that can likely be had in round 4 or later. For the record I want no part of Kaepernick. His release is far too slow and he is not accurate at all. I was low on Gabbert, but after watching more of him I have moved him up. Locker is the wild card, this week is huge for him, especially the game on Saturday. I watched practice this morning (at home with my 1 year old son who was diagnosed with RSV today and there was nothing else on TV) and Mayock (who I trust more then Kiper and McShay) said he was first round talent, but needed a lot of coaching in the pocket. Said some scouts see him as Alex Smith, some as John Elway, just depends on if the coaches can get that light to come on for him. He said right now he has Gabbert ranked as the top QB in the draft because of talent, but that all of the top 4 need a lot of work to be NFL starters. I still have Locker ranked 1, then Gabbert, Newton, Ponder, Stanzi, Dalton. I have Mallett completely off my board. We do not need another head case. For the record, I don't know of many people blowing off Cam Newton. He is very talented and will go in the top 15 (I think Minnesota will take him). Most just agree it's time for us to have a pocket passer.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How in the hell would anybody see a John elway connection? Did elway need to be coached up? He was an awesome talent. Locker is not an awesome talent.

4. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Locker has all the talent to be a very good NFL QB. Are the Elway comparisons a little high, yes. To me he reminds me of Jake Plummer more then Elway. He does need coaching, as does every single QB in this draft. There is not an immediate day 1 starter there this year. The thing with Locker is, with a great day on Saturday, he will move into the top 10, with a bad day, he could slide to us in round 2. It is a huge game for that kid. As we sit right now, I would not be shocked with Gabbert as our pick. No matter what, after this news it will be a fun next few months.

5. 24

24 Starter

Didn't realize those "It Sucks" meant so much to people.

6. The_Jerr83

The_Jerr83 Camp Fodder

It means much more around this board than you think.

Anyways if the Titans drafts a QB I hope its not another "scrambler". "Pocket Passer" is what I really want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar