Titans Staff Unified on Draft Picks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: According to Tennessee Titans scout Blake Beddingfield, the Titans draft room was unified on each of the team's selections. "Usually when you go into those meetings, you want everybody to be on the same page, but there’s almost always disagreements. The coaches want one player, the scouts recommend another," Beddingfield said. "This was actually the first time since I’ve been here that everybody was actually in agreement. And it was that way on every pick, which is rare. There were really no arguments on any of the seven choices." Beddingfield feels they took care of much of the Titans needs with the draft but didn't rule out bringing in another pro free agents or two.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Good article with interesting comments on Hawkins.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They seem really high on Hawkins.

4. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

Maybe Hawkins was a high priority for them, but to me it sounded like they're using Hawkins as the "see-we-drafted-a-receiver" defense, when in fact, this one was drafted a round later than the one from last year. And nobody will say a word if he never starts a game, because he's a 4th rounder and what do you expect.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm glad the staff is unified. And yeah, they do seem really high on Hawkins.

I hope this draft turns out for us. Hopefully Chris Johnson adds a new dimension to the running attack and as a receiving RB. Hopefully the 2 new DEs along with Kearse justify releasing Odom and make the d-line stronger. Hopefully that TE becomes a more important piece of the championship puzzle than a new CB or WR. Or that Hawkins is the WR we needed.

And with last year's 10-6 playoff team and a huge amount of cap room going into the offseason, I don't see any excuse for the team to not AT LEAST make it further in the playoffs, if not go to the superbowl. I really think with the talent we've had the last two seasons, this team needs to be in a superbowl in 2 years.

But, if things don't turn out so well, since the Staff is completely unified, then hopefully Bud will make a complete regime change from GM, HC, OC, DC, scouting department and on and on. I'd say give it two years. But if in 2 years we can do no better than a first round elimination wildcard team, it's ok to hold the Staff accountable, right?

I actually still think we can be a Superbowl team this season. I look forward to how Chris Johnson will do. I also think it's going to take some players from last year to have career years for us to drastically improve. But if the team can be lucky and stay pretty injury-free and get hot at the right time in the season, anything is possible.

But, I just love statements like these, because you can use it to hold everyone accountable if things don't work out.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He had rave reviews as well. They are on his draft post I think, if you haven't seen them. Plus you don't hype up a guy who they aren't all that high on.

7. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

thats the thing...some of our players did hv carreer yrs...that theres a high possibility they wont hv better yrs than they had....ie gage/white/bo/etc...and there 'carreer year' wasnt nearly enough to help us to a SB...

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It made me wonder how the scouts vs. coaches debate went the last couple of drafts.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'm sure Fisher ended it like this -

'Is Jeff Fisher gonna have to choke a b****?'

10. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I might have drafted differently for us, but, with what we did get, I am suprizingly optimistic. And as far as taking Chris Johnson, that kid is fast...

Unlike Chris Henry, he moves north and south. Henry was more side to side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar