Titans sign Zaviar Gooden

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jun 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans have agreed to terms with linebacker Zaviar Gooden, one of the team’s two third-round picks in April. Gooden, from Missouri, was the 97th overall selection in the draft.

The Titans have now signed five of their eight 2012 draft picks. Guard Chance Warmack, wide receiver Justin Hunter and cornerback Blidi Wreh-Wilson are the three remaining unsigned selections.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Justin, don't try to pull a Kendall. Warmack is an Oline man, surely they will figure something out for him.

3. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

I thought it was predetermined what rookies get according to their number in the draft. If not, thats a shame. It would get these players signed up and ready for training and prevent holdouts.

4. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Seems like all rookies seem to wait to see what other players in the league get if they are early round picks

5. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Doesn't really matter to me yet. I'm sure it will get done and they all are in practice right now.

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

To me, this was by far our biggest reach of the draft. It could turn out to be good but Alex Okafor was still on the board and I think he would have been a better choice. But we shall wait and see.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I could not agree more with this post! Shame because I do not think Okafor will make it in the 3-4 at Arizona but he was a real need and a nice fit here! Only thing I really see with gooden is that he is really fast.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

The Gooden pick really didn't make any sense to me and still doesn't.

9. BCTitans

BCTitans Starter

Gooden's a workout warrior. Hopefully the staff can get him to translate it to the field.

10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Yeah this was an odd pick, but I'm on board with it now. Felt the same way about Brown too. So I guess we shall see.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar