Titans Sign WR Donnie Avery

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titaneers, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

2. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

Yep, he is Al Toon's son. I think he will be a pretty good mid-round WR pick and could end up a very good WR in the NFL.

Plus his name is an added bonus for jokes...:wink2:

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

4. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Wow.Got to get this guy if he is as great as his dad was.Al Toon was a fun player to watch.

You know your getting older when you see players playing and you recall their fathers playing days.I remember watching Phil Simms back in the day but his son Chris sadly is not nearly as good.

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Avery is kinda small. He better have good speed cause he cant get up like Britt could. Imo i think he is to much like nate... need a tall fast guy. But if the bills can win with their guys maybe we can make this work.

6. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I think this is a sign that Cook will be implemented into the game plan more. I agree we should have gotten a receiver with more height, but I'm fine with the Avery pick up as long as we use Cook and his size more.

7. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

How about I just edit that one :brow:

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

If we would sign Babineaux for another few years I'd be happy with him playing a year or two as a stop gap at Safety. I REALLY want Blackmon, Broyles, or Jeffrey. Even if Kenny is healthy imagine the mismatches we'd have with Kenny, Rookie WR, CJ, Cook. It would be a nightmare for other teams. Plus the rookie WR would still give us a downfield threat when Kenny gets hurt every year.

I know this isn't a draft thread but I also want to say there is a LB from Arizona St. that is mean as a snake and a beast. Check him out.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar