Titans Sign WR Donnie Avery

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titaneers, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

And toss in a larger dose of Jared Cook at times.....If he's up to it that is. Pettigrew, Finley, Gates, etc have now shown how it's done.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

All I make him out to be? I just simply say he's better than Williams and Hawkins. Not so much of a compliment, really.

Think anyone would trade for those 2 guys? Doubt it.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Danny Amendola, Wes Welker, Danny Woodhead, Lagarrette Blount, Jerome Harrison, and Kurt Warner were all cut and/or passed on by teams.

None of them were picked as high as the 2nd round.

4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

My jury is still out on DWill...I am not ready to say he is as bad as is being claimed here. He had a couple of rough moments in preseason with drops, but has also looked really good at times. Prefacing that I am in NO WAY comparing these two, BUT, I seem to remember Jerry Rice starting out a bit tepid as well (inconsistency catching the ball).

Williams is in his second season, his second offense, and did not see the field much at all last year. Lets give him a chance before dumping all over him, huh?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Williams is our future #2.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Wonder how long it takes Donnie Avery to get his first 80-yard TD reception... I'm thinking he does it within 3 games.

Reason why I say this is because Mariani can't return these kick offs, so we'll start at the 20. Teams like to load the box to limit C.J., and Donnie Avery may be the fastest player in the NFL if he's running 4.27's like he claims. Send him deep anytime he see's 8 in the box with 1 safety over the top.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

D-Jax or J-Knox are the fastest. I doubt Avery is running 4.2s after his injury. Probably hand timed and only ran once...

Either way- he'll be able to stretch the field. As long as his knees hold up, we need that.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

They both were on an NFL roster by week one of the regular season, Avery was not.

So, obviously, the Titans felt both were better options than Avery who was available after final cuts.

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I think mike Wallace would be ^in that category also... That kid is fast...

10. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I'm thinking once Avery starts getting in the groove of things he could very well challenge Washington as the top receiver here.If he is fully healthy i think he can be a nice threat on offense.He can definitely go fast and deep like Britt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar