Titans Sign Trevor Siemian

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VondyP, Aug 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

If tanney miss a game or two. We need somebody who can win a game. I fear that is not on our roster. Hope we are watching waiver wire hard. I would rather us put Rosen on the practice squad than Siemian. If Siemian cannot beat out woodside then we do not need him!

2. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I don’t think Siemian was on the roster long enough to try be able to win that job. But, I agree there are probably better options. I’m not sure Rosen is one of them though. Certainly hasn’t shown it yet when given an opportunity.

3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I guess the brass is good with Woodside but I also saw Mike Glennon cut.
    His hype train came and went but probably better than woodside.

#73 HurrayTitans!, Sep 7, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  4. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

Siemian is still on the taxi squad, coach just loves woodside.

5. Chad81

Chad81 Starter

Rosen is hot garbage. He's presently on a practice squad for a reason, couldn't even beat out a 37 year old journeyman Fitzmagic and Arizona gave up on him after one season. How often do teams dump off a QB picked in the Top 10 after one season?

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

When they switch coaches and systems and want the system guy the new coach has a crush on.

7. Chad81

Chad81 Starter

Before Rosen can you name the last QB selected in the Top 10 who a team drafted and jettisoned the following year? Hell, that ****ter Matt Leinart lasted four years with his first team. Rosen is pretty good, so good he ended up on a practice squad in a league desperate for bodies at QB.

8. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Don’t care. Hardly ever happens for sure, but, Rosen was tossed Based on new coach and new system more than anything else.

9. Chad81

Chad81 Starter

That played a part in it, but how many other QBs with that kind of draft pedigree were given chances in similar situations? Alex Smith was like a cat with nine lives in San Francisco. Miami traded a 2nd and 5th rounder to acquire Rosen and weren't even willing to keep him around as their #3 QB as insurance after drafting a QB with major injury concerns coming out of college. There is a reason why Rosen is on a practice squad only three years removed from being a Top 10 pick and it isn't because of coaching changes.

10. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I agree that he is overrated and I never wanted him. However, the Cardinals situation had EVERYTHING to do with Kingsbury wanting an air raid QB. Rosen never took a snap for Kingsbury.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar