Titans sign Stephen Gostkowski

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Sep 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

For clarity, last year titans were 8/18 on FG. The first NFL team under 50% since the 80’s.
    Collectively going back to 1970, 49 teams have been under 50%, 38 were in the 70’s.

kicking in general has improved greatly, there is no reason for us to suck this bad.
    At 25%, plenty of time to try improving but the titans currently fall under historically bad.

gostkowski is still on the team, he better put himself on a “made” streak quick or we can expect the same rotating door of s**t kickers again.

2. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Just try and remember the good times everyone ;

when we had kickers #’s 1-4 who could boot a ball through a gapping hole and it looked easy.
    2D0246E9-258B-45B9-86A4-E829C5EC66D2.jpeg

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Vorsutus

Vorsutus Starter

When I noticed rob had kicked as many the in 1 game as We made last year...

4. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Bye Bye Beronas! Inside of 60, I never worried.

5. HurrayTitans!

That game was called the Fisher special special. It’s like one of those hidden items on a fast food restaurant menu.
    We know about a regular fisher special.

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Need to have a line in front of him while doing it. All his kicks were low.

7. Tricky

Tricky Starter

He didnt have a line in front of him pregame. He kicks low.

8. HurrayTitans!

I was thinking about the comments regarding his lack of reps/blaming the COVID preseason and camps as somewhat of an excuse for this guy.

I just wanted to say BS regarding all that. This guy is a kicker. COVID doesn’t limit him from reps in the slightest, he can go kick all day every day.
    That said, he’s also a 14 year vet and has the 27th most, in game, FG att of all time. That doesn’t even count post season att.

This guy is a career 88% K including 75% 40-49.

Him sucking like he just did is a GIANT red flag that he hasn’t recovered from his injury and is about to repeat Succup’s terrible season from last year.
    Few days till the Jax game, there should be another Kicker available on the roster now. I know we have other weak points, but like last year, suit up 2 kickers. Gostkowski misses his first att, he’s done and gets cut after the game. Don’t waste any more season on him.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  9. apathaeticTN

apathaeticTN Starter

titans should have lost this game; they need to find a new kicker

10. Young54

Young54 Starter

Low doesn't explain the 3 wide misses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar