Titans sign Rattay, Gardner, and others...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DJB, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

That's exactly what I thought. Scariest news of the offseason is Vince of the cover.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Rattay...

Thank goodness!

Why did we sign Collins when I think Rattay is a better backup? Plus, we could use the cap space! Or are they thinking of having 2 vets as QB's 2 and 3??? Wouldn't make sense.

Plus, Rattay isn't exactly thinking about retiring a quite a bit more mobile than KC.

Getting Gardner off waivers is fine...we can always cut him. Couldn't hurt to let him fight for a spot in camp.

Gut

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Glinks please...

Rattay has a superior career passing rating 83 vs 73..

Rattay has a superior TD to int ratio 1.4 vs 1.0..

Rattay is not a total statue.

Collins last record of play was horrific..

As far as the mentoring? I don't want collins mentoring young. Why would he young is a far superior player. Young doesn't need a mentor he is already a quality nfl QB.

I think rattay is superior and we should cut collins and sign jeff smoker as soon as the arena league season is over.

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

It scares me a bit but I think if anyone can break it.....it's Vince Young I mean the guy works his arse of and his teamates love him theres just that VY aura that he brings and I don't see the Madden cover curse getting to VY.

If you believe in Karma like me then I think Vince has good karma on his side and will finally be the man to break it. May sound kind of stupid but thats my take on it anyway.

5. SwingOnDeezBalz

SwingOnDeezBalz Banger of Infant Horseys

Dam you a-holes!

I wanted the Patriots to get Gardner. He's not worth a warm bucket of pi$$.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think we are keeping both...

It is a luxury we can afford and rattay and collins combined don't make more than what volek was making as a #2. We obviously didn't draft a QB and did not
    sign any undrafted free agent either. I wish there was a young guy who could develop as our long term #2 but there is none. If disaster was to strike and we were down to our #3 collins will be there and this time he will at least know the plays..

We could have drafted troy smith instead of antonio johnson an issue nobody has brought up. Wouldn't smith look good as our #3? He is athletic, has a gun arm and makes good decisions.

Anyway it looks like tim rattay will be fine in the neil odonnell role for the next several years. thank goodness..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar