Titans Sign Corey Simon...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigRed3, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

or they could both have great yrs b/c i think our D-line just grew to an elite level; especially with the way they are playin right now.

KVB, Simon, Haynz, and Odem...they should tear it up...a good/agressive D-line automatically improves ur pass defense and run stoppin ...than ya factor in the additions over the offseason and our defense doesnt look so bad nymore.

2. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Yeah...he seems really excited to have Simon playing next to him. :sad2: Sounds really secure. He should be excited for anything that might divert pressure from him to someone else and free him up a bit.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Don't go overboard..

Elite now? We went from not being very good to elite just because of simon? Simon is the only significant personnel change other than having a healthy odom and he has health issues. Yes i think we will be better for many small reasons. Odom, a fresher laboy off the bench. DTs playing on a contract year should be motivated. But prior to the draft many here thought the d-line was weak and wanted us to draft heavy there.

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I'm not sure if I'd use the word "elite" to describe our D-Line, just yet.

But, it just got significantly deeper.

Now if we could only find a pass rusher.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

The AH did sound a little bitter about some competition.

Defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth questioned the signing, saying Titans are set, since foes averaged just 3 yards per carry this preseason. The Titans ranked 30th in run defense last season.

"The defensive line has been playing really good, the best we have played in the last three or four years. He is definitely an upgrade, I guess, but I think we were really good before,'' Haynesworth said. "We stopped the run, we rushed the passer. What else could you want? … Hopefully he can catch up in what, 12 days?''

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=SPORTS01

6. ColtsBlue

ColtsBlue Camp Fodder

As far as Colts fans are concerned, Corey Simon is Donkey drop. The Colts paid him a ton of money and didn't get much in return.

Simon has an attorney that knows how to work the system, so Corey comes up with this mysterious ailment that allows him to collect all of that Colt money without having to suit up. Now the Colts know why the Eagles let him go without any compensation.

Simon will play well for the Titans I expect. He's hoping that after he plays well, another team like the Colts did, will offer him a big contract to play for them. Then Simon will come up with another mysterious ailment that won't allow him to play.

I doubt another team is going to fall for Simon's game after watching what he did to the Colts. Titans made a good deal, signed Simon for what is reported to be not much over the vet minimum. He's worth that and the Titans aren't on the hook for lots of money if he suddenly finds another mysterious ailment that won't allow him to play.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Thanks for the sensible post. Outside of a shot at redemption and the money that follows- I don't know why he would play any harder. I wasn't for the signing- but at minimum with incentives it would have almost been dumb not to. We'll just have to see.

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Hard to imagine this guy is going to be in football shape after such a long layoff. Glad we aren't paying him a large sum. Not thrilled about having so many Colts on this team either.

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Yea Simon got $18M guaranteed from the Colts and played in 13 games. Ouch. IIRC, the Eagles didn't have much of a choice to give him up with nothing in return - he was at the end of his contract, holding out for money they couldn't/wouldn't give. Happens all the time... You have to wonder what happened in Indy - a guy with a hefty long term deal doesn't often cause problems with this team. Sounds like there is more to the story there.

I like the near-minimum, incentive laden contract. No doubt he has skills, just a question of what kind of shape he's in. He'll either be an incredible steal or a no-harm no-foul experiment.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Coltblue is full of BS!..

We as fans do have our moments of frustration but ultimately football is a recreation for us and coltblue's comments are beyond harsh they are hateful. Simon in his 5 years with the eagles missed just 2 games. 2 games in 5 years! He was a solid professional and was making 1st rd 6th pick money not 5th rd chump change. I find it hard to believe that simon suddenly decided he didn't want to play for the super bowl contending colts with their hall of fame coach and hall of fame QB. Yeah sure!:rolleyes: Simon was diagnosed with polyarthritis which is like lupus or can be caused by lupus as i understand it. It can be diagnosed with xrays and MRI and could be auto immune which is what lupus and rheumatoid arthritis are.

Just because it is a condition that is not well understood does not mean he didn't have a problem. Coltblue is ignorant of this condition so it must mean that a normally solid pro is dogging it? That's BS and he holds this hateful opinion only because simon didn't play like a god for that sissy fag team of his. To bad! tough!

The dx also doesn't bode well for simon's future career or life in which he may be a cripple by age 40. I hope that isn't the case.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar