Titans sign AP

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanMark, Nov 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Anyone else think McNichols is going to be the workhorse and AP/Foreman will just spell him and get some short yardage work?
    I’m thinking 70% workload for JMC

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

aint nobody wants to see that shyt show

3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

No.

Mcnichols, 40% tops, probably less.

4. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

But how many carries ? I say not more than 10

5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Once Peterson gets familiar he will be the early down, goal line back, Nicholls will be the 3rd down, change of pace back, Foreman will be sprinkled in.

Next year...Evans is gone, some interesting FA RB are available...Melvin Gordon, Marlon Mack...I could see us signing Mack in light of the Henry injury this year.

Don't see drafting a RB at least not early.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Peterson or Foreman will be the early down short yardage guy (McNichols might still get as many or more touches). Not sure both will be active. Comes down to which one is most ready. Main issue is to be effective enough the defense has to play the run. They won't stack the box like they did with Henry but that also means we can still run the ball.

As for drafting a RB it comes down to opportunity. You wouldn't normally use a 2nd day pick on one with Henry and also with McNichols essentially taking the roll that was meant for Evans you still might grab a guy late 2nd who is too good to pass up. We don't need Henry's replacement right away but drafting a guy who might be taking that roll in 3-4 years as well as provide quality depth makes sense. Again, it isn't about just getting a body but if the right guy falls...

Keep in mind, Evans as a talent could have been a real nice pick. Always hard to predict injuries. I'd definitely consider a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round in the next draft if the value is there.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Young54

Young54 Starter

That's what I'm hoping for. At least give him the chance until he shows incapable of performing.

I don't understand the Sargent love and McNichols disdain.

8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Agree about AP and Foreman, comes down their conditioning rn..but next year I'd also look at a guy like Mack, still young enough to contribute and has had success at the NFL.

9. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I don’t think it’s disdain, I think it’s fit.
    AP and foreman are similar to Henry, mcnichols just isn’t.

I think mcnichols does get an overall increase in workload, just not the bulk of the carries.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

You can bet JRob will be looking for a vet to bring in like he did with Hill. This time he might look for more of a power back in the draft. Doubt he will spend much on any vet he brings in at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar