Titans should Trade CJ

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by petergriffin16, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

CJ doesn't need to 2K again. He doesn't need to work that hard. He needs to be used efficiently and effectively rather than excessively. Run him on misdirections, screens, and flips. Use Britt, Cook, and DWill to beast on the secondary. Use Locker to get 1st downs (when's he ready) using his legs.

CJ should be a piece of the offense, not the entire offense. But yet, he still deserves top dollar for his speed and playmaking ability.

2. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I can't get over how crazy Titans fans have gotten over this holdout. It's hilarious! We've still got 2-3 weeks to go too!!!!! People are getting so emotional about it some will probably be booing him as he races to the end zone for a TD come the regular season. Once again, other Titans fans embarrassing me. It's habitual at this point.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

CJ propelled us to a division win against the Jags, had 2 80+ yard rushes in a game MJD also went off in. It was the day after Halloween, 2009. There's one off the top of my head.

CJ vs Indy
    12/9/10: 22 rushes, 111 yards, 1 TD, 8 catches, 68 yards. Almsot 200 yards.
    1/2/11: 20 rushes, 39 yards, 6 catches, 51 yards. Only 90 yards, that was a very tough (and good, despite the outcome) game.
    10/11/09: 9 rushes, 34 yards, 2 catches, 9 yards. We got blown out that game, he only had 9 carries because we were down big early.
    12/06/09: 27 carries, 113 yards, 6 catches, 28 yards. Good game for CJ, another loss. Damn 09 was a rough year.
    10/27/08: 19 carries, 77 yards, 1 TD, 4 catches, 19 yards. Was splitting time with Lendale, a solid game for 19 carries.
    CJ didn't play in the season ender against Indy in 2009.

To say CJ has "vanished" in all of these games is a gross overstatement. Better known as hatin'.

Chris Johnson has 313 career carries vs AFC S opponents. Here's his line:
    313 rushes, 1,630 yards (5.2 yards per carry), 8 rushing TD, 378 receiving yards, 3 receiving TD

So in the most important games of the season (division games), CJ has absolutely showed up. The dude isn't replaceable or over rated. Jake Locker probably prays for CJs contract to get extended every night before bed.

4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Two comments:

1. If the Titans have offered (publicly, not in writing, but the reality is when you offer publicly it will stick) for CJ to be the top paid RB in the league, how, exactly, is that being "cheap"?

2. I note that you joined this site about 4 months ago. If, after 4 months and one contentious contract negotiation you conclude that the Titans, their management, and anyone affiliated with "said team" suck, why are you here? If I thought an organization sucked I would not spend my time whining about it on their forums, I would find other forums.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That's not a good game by any stretch of the imagination.

6. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Better at throwing the ball - Peyton
    Better at running with ball - Vick
    Better pocket awareness - Peyton
    Better leadership - Peyton
    Better decision making - Peyton
    Never misses games - Peyton
    Doesn't murder dogs - Peyton

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

Wow, you are seriously overestimating this site if you believe it is the end all and be all of being a titan fan. I have been a fan of this organization since the 70s and I lived through the Luv Ya Blue era, the Run and Shoot, Jack Pardee, Jerry Glanville, Buddy Ryan days and before that the great Bum Phillips who once told an electric crowd at the astrodome, "Last year we knocked on the door. This year we beat on it. Next year we're going to kick the son of a **** in."

You really wanna to question this? If I were to do what you did, I have probably been a fan of this team for as long as you've been alive.

But getting back to the point: until you make an offer you haven't made an offer. Saying publicly that they want him to be the highest paid player but not producing a contract is not a contract offered as far as I know.

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

It was an entertaining football game. Very close and competitive. It was a terrible game for CJ, no doubt

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Nah. It was after 1 good year.

10. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

So his first season wasn't good? I wonder why he was selected to the Pro Bowl while sharing carries then? Interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar