Titans should of drafted Jaylon Smith

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Roscoes Wetsuit, Nov 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

reported

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

If the shoe fits wear it, if it doesn't then it doesn't apply to you. Most does not mean all. There are more negative people than positive in the fanbase though regardless.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I disagree. Most people in the fanbase are positive. The most vocal are negative, but that's true of nearly all populations. What you hear doesn't reflect the majority of the fanbase.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I still believe Dodd and Johnson will turn out to be pretty decent players. I liked both pre draft time.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Isntlifefunny

Isntlifefunny Special Teams Standout

LeBeau is on record quite a few times saying he hates starting rookies. He didn't even start Polamalu for most of his rookie year.

Johnson was a gap penetrator at Penn State. He needs time to develop. Dodd got a screw put in his foot before the season. Both are somewhat raw prospects, as Johnson has to gain strength to play in the base, and Dodd only started one year in college. Both have really high upside. Dodd is a good edge setter with more bend on the edge than Morgan, while Johnson is one of the few NTs who has the explosion to get after the QB. Give it time.

7. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I think it's highly unlikely that both turn out to be no-shows in the league, unless it's due to injury. Even if they do, and players selected after outperform them, you must realize that it happens to every team. If half of your picks pan out (which looks very likely) you are going to have success.

8. kstone

kstone Starter

Even if we did draft Jaylon. There would be tons of people on here complaining why we wasted a 2nd round pick on a player that is not even going to play this year.

9. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

And that's my point. We have 2 rounders that don't even play this year.

Might as well of gotten a guy with elite potential to be a top 5 ILB. A guy who can actually cover tight ends and running backs coming out the backfield.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar