Titans should come away with elite defender at #5

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ImATitan, Jan 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

The top 5 players in the 2017 are all on the defensive side of the ball.

1. Myles Garrett - DE - Texas A&M
    2. Jonathan Allen - DE - Alabama
    3. Jamal Adams - S - LSU
    4. Reuben Foster - ILB - Alabama
    5. Malik Hooker - S - Ohio State

Now it's likely Garrett and Allen are both gone by #5. That's fine, I'm not sure Allen changes the Titans much anyways.

But Adams, Foster and Hooker.. oh man, the Titans could use a guy like that..

Adams and Hooker especially have me drooling. Talk about elite, blue chip players. S may not be our biggest need, but if you had the chance to draft a hall of fame player at #5 instead of going for your #1 need, would you do it?

There is no CB worth #5. Not even close.

Mike Williams is definitely worth #5. But he won't be the top player on the board. Adams or Hooker will be. Yes our offense would greatly benefit from a true #1 WR. We saw a good Titans offense in 2016 without one, and surely a WR like Williams would elevate that.

I say grab the best player at 5, which will be Adams or Hooker, and grab your WR or CB at #18, where plenty options with still be available

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Foster or a WR at 5, too many CB's to be reaching for one at 5.

Either we top off the front-7 early or wrap up the whole offense with a WR early...

I just dont like the idea of going Safety that soon, but maybe thats just me..

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Jamal Adams at #3. You guys are ****ing insane.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I see us going WR or S....Likely WR..Wright is leaving, Matthews came on late...Sharpe is a 3-4. Mariota is coming into his 3rd year and has NEVER had HIS guy.....They will change that and fast this year.

5. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

IF we get a WR in the first it will be with the #18.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I'm fine with that.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Theoretically, I don't love S at 5 either.. but these 2 guys are special..

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I have no problem going 18....We will get a WR and early though....Marcus has earned it and Jrob will give it to him. The FA market sucks for WR's too.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

Just don't see it. Pretty deep draft at WR. Williams is not THAT much better than the next guy, if at all.

10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

We ALLLLL know as the draft gets closer...people fall in love with big positions..I do think QB's and Pass rushers naturally will get bumped up first which only helps our stock. We can easily end up with an elite defensive player and wideout that is high quality at 18 if we stay put. I think we will get trade offers out the A$$ especially if QB's start going and the potential of Allen/Garrett landing to us at #5 (outside chance)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar