Titans seek streak-breaking win

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans head into this Sunday’s game against San Diego trying to break a lengthy losing streak to the Chargers.

San Diego has beaten the Oilers/Titans nine straight times, a streak that began in 1993. The teams have played in five of the last six seasons, with the Chargers winning the most recent match-up – in 2012 – by a 38-10 score.

“I know it’s been a long time,” said Titans coach Mike Munchak, who was playing in his second-to last NFL season when the Oilers/Titans last beat San Diego in 1992. “But we don’t talk much about it. (The players will) know of it, but I think … all they care about is finding a way to win.”

Norv Turner coached the Chargers to their last six wins against the Titans – which included a playoff victory following the 2008 season – but he has been replaced by Mike McCoy.

“It’s a different team with different coaches than when we played them last,” Munchak said. “They’re 1-1 and probably feel like they should be 2-0. They went to Philly and won a big game. When you have a great quarterback, you’re always in a game.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Uncategorized

Source: Titans Insider

2. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

not that it matters now but it was the 2007 season when we faced them in the playoffs.

3. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Yep, they beat use twice in '07. Both close games. Locker will have to beat them through the air or our D will have to get some pts. At least they are thin at WR

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

We've always had problems with San Diego and the last few years it has been their passing game.Verner and McCourty will definitely have to bring their A game because Rivers even without Malcom Floyd will try and put a lot of passes through the air mostly to Antonio Gates and Eddie Royal.If our defense can do their part our offense should be able to put up a few points on the Chargers terrible defense.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

the end of every game against san diego always leaves me with a bitter feeling...... It's the way the game ends and everything else. I am sick and tired of loosing to san diego, time to beat these bozo's and send rivers crying to his mommy!!!! First we need a better offensive game plan then go from there.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Rivers home town about half an hour from me. But I've got no prob hatin' on him this week!

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

go smash his mother's mailbox

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I would but I might get the turd I left in it on me.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Rivers usually ends up a hero vs us. That one game we killed them... he was losing his mind... and somehow we choked it away at the end.

Basically... he goes opposite of his typical self, usually. Most the time he's the choke artist (see game 1 vs cows).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar