Titans Second-Round Draft Pick (#52): North Carolina LB Zach Brown

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titantic Titan

Titantic Titan Camp Fodder

The end of the tweet gets very interesting with Detillier comments. I respect what he has to say usually. He seems to be very straight forward and honest in his evaluations. He seems to really like this pick.

We will have to wait and see.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Who are you talking about? I'm responding to those posters that say "trust the front office.....they research the choice...." which IS true but that doesn't mean they can't be wrong. It is fair to criticize and debate the choices and doesn't mean the criticism is invalid. We've been wrong on numerous picks and right on numerous picks. But it isn't unreasonable (or premature) to suggest we goofed on a pick. If it was, then it is just as unreasonable to suggest we got one right before 3 or so years. My only point is that is annoying to me to constantly see criticism of the organization met with attempts to discredit the critic rather than engage in discussion of topic itself.

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I like drafting BPA and when I rank my board I certainly give extra credence to guys who are "football players" rather than combine stars.

I would have certainly gone a different route with both of our picks as neither of the guys were BPA on my big board.

But I have no doubt that the Titans went BPA on their board in the 1st rnd. So I don't doubt that they had Brown rated higher than other D guys left on their board.

One way that I'm making myself feel better about the Brown pick is to actually consider him as our 3rd rnd pick and Martin as our 2nd rnd pick. I really like Martin and think he is just as good as any DT left on the board when we picked in the 2nd rnd.

Will be interesting to see where we go with the picks we have today.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Because most of it is 'Who this guy? We shoulda got that guy. Front office sucks, my players rocks, we are gonna regret this'

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I still do not really care for this pick. I think Still or Konz would have made a much better impact but we ended up addressing DT with a good prospect so that eases the sting.

We did end up addressing a need, which is a very under rated one by most of the posters here, so maybe when we do not get gashed by tight ends all day we can look back at this and call it a brilliant pick.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Carp

Carp Starter

I like the draft so far. Wright was probably BPA at that spot. The DE's available weren't that impressive. I'm sure they were disappointed that both Ingram and Coples went just a few picks before us, but it's hard to argue against Wright being BPA. Also, as we saw with the Giants, Packers, and numerous other teams last year, a great receiving corps goes a long way for an offense.

I really liked the Brown and Martin picks. Both players have the ability to be play-makers for us. Brown is a helluva athlete. Martin is just as good as any other DL taken after our 2nd round selection. Most people seem to think Martin will be a very good NFL player even if he isn't a star

7. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Forgive me for I have not taken the time to read this entire thread so I may have missed comments that might be related to this. I'm a little baffled with the Titans draft so far only in that we seem to be drafting differently than most everyone predicted we would draft. It could be that the Titans will fill the need for offensive and defensive line help through FA. They seem to be concentrating on speed and developing for the future instead of immediate help in areas that we obviously need help with now. I kind of like the change in draft philosophy that the Titans have displayed so far. We'll have to see how it all pans out.

8. Titantic Titan

Titantic Titan Camp Fodder

Anyone think they are drafting some 3/4 defense players? Seems like Ayers last year and Brown this year would be good OLB to rush the quarterback. Also we drafted a rather large run stopper to accompany Shaun Smith and Casey. I don't know just thinking out loud.

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'm okay with our collection of picks, but if I'm around anyone in person that says best player available, I'm going to punch them in the face.

10. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

God Brown would be a horrible 3-4 OLB as he is very unagressive at shedding blocks. I do believe however we could have a decent 3-4 package this year based on our personal.

DL: Casey | Martin | Morgan
    LB: Wimbley | (Brown/Witherspoon) | McArthy | Ayers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar