Rumor Titans rumors re: Munchak, CJ, Cutler

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Exactly. IF, and it's a big if at this point, we sign Cutler we need to look at it as a stopgap situation. Not like he's the long-term solution. We definitely still need to draft someone. But signing a guy like Cutler would enable us to not have to panic and rush things (which is how we ended up with Locker IMO). If we don't like a guy in this year's draft or if the guy we like gets snatched up before we can get him, then we can wait til next year. We wouldn't feel like we absolutely HAD to get one in this year's draft.

Honestly I can't think of a better scenario, if you're concerned with both short-term and long-term success. Bring in Cutler, develop a young guy behind him, and when the young guy is ready let there be an open competition or hand him the job or whatever.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Right now we're just bad. You want perpetual heartbreak? Bring in Jay Cutler. He'll tease you all season leaving you thinking, "If he could just eliminate the one or two bad throws a game, we'd have a great shot." Too bad he's incapable of doing that.

The worst kind of QB there is. Good enough to keep around but bad enough to not get it done in the long run.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I love all of these, but I can't really get behind Cutler.

If we sit on our asses, and these big names go to places like Houston.......I will be beyond pissed.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

thanks for the moolah:brow:

and he is really a younger Fitzpatrick.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. GL2814

GL2814 Starter

Idk if the Titans will end up out right cut CJ. I think CJ will at least get enough attention from rb needy teams like the Browns, Rams, Falcons, Jags (seeing as MJD might be on the way out) and I'm sure teams don't want to get into a bidding war over a declining RB. It would make since to restructure his contract so it meets a trading teams needs and trade him for a 3rd or 4th. As much as CJ has been declining and under-performing, he could always explode with a good O-line.

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Yay! Get rid of one injury prone QB for another!

However, I will say if our line can get their act together it would be the best line he's ever played behind in the NFL. Maybe if he has protection he could be good.

7. GL2814

GL2814 Starter

I could also see Eli, Peyton or Brady lobbing for a RB like CJ.

8. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Lol he would have to accept the restructured contract... That's a hard sell.

9. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

This news makes my day if it turns out to be true!!!!! :):clap:

10. GL2814

GL2814 Starter

I'm sure he would as it would get him out of TN and maybe to a playoff team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar