Titans Resign Collins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MissouriTitan1, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

And no other team did he have a week to prepare and learn the playbook.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Oh that's nice. Now all we need to hear is we paid him 5 mill.

3. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

So what was he excuse for not getting a 1st in the SD game?

4. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

We couldn't expect a guy who was playing college 6 or 7 months before to come in and go 8-4 either but it happened.. Thats the difference between what people have done and are doing.. KFC may have had great stats 2 years ago.. I'm more concearned about what he did last year.. last mintue or not he didn't win one game.. Great leaders find ways to win.. and that's what VY brings to the table.. he's fine as a back-up, the thing that scares the crap out of me is things happen and if he had to come in I don't think he can lead or inspire this team

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:rolleyes:

If it were VY or McNair the excuse would be valid.

And fact is, he had one week to learn the playbook, get used to the players and get ready.
    Call it what you will but no one can come in and do a good job.

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

But again, who out there do you think would want to come here and back up Vince who you think would be better than Kerry? And again, there isnt a QB in the league that was going to come in, in that situation and perform well. Its very difficult to learn an offense, get adjusted to your receivers, etc, in a week. Or even a month for that matter.

7. Blazing Arrow

You should actually read my post before you go after you rolleyes face.

Last I check Collins was signed a week before our last pre season game. Since the SD game was in week 2 that would have put him at around 3 weeks. But I guess he needs an entire season to be able to complete a first down in the NFL. Being a vet and all. :rolleyes:

His only TD came because Bo Scaife made a leaping one handed grab. I credit that more to Scaife then Collins.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

so 3 weeks is enough?

considering most vets need an entire pre-season/training camp to do it.

9. did renfeildt even see our first 3 games last year?

10. Blazing Arrow

To pass for 1 first down? Yeah I would say that the Titans "dumb down" passing offense would not be all that hard for someone who has been on as many teams and has as many season under his belt as Collins.

Do not get me wrong unless lightning came down and struck LT then, a couple of there LBs, and probably Turner there is probably no way we are winning that game.

But all I am asking for is a 1st down!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar