Titans Resign Collins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MissouriTitan1, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Collins threw for 3700 yards 20 tds 12 ints just two seasons ago. He didnt have a chance here last year. Lets be honest, you cant possibly except someone to come in a week before the season, immediately start and be effective. Now that he has been here a year, knows the system, should be more on page with the WRs, I think he will be just fine as a back up. What has Rattay ever done that makes you think he is much, if any better than Kerry?

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I'm wondering how much Fisher has to say in what we're doing in FA. I wouldn't be surprised if Reinfeldt resigned KFC to please Fisher after Henry signed with the Broncos, which I'm sure Fisher didn't like....

I agree Collins will be good from a theoretical standpoint, but he should not be #2, rather #3 and best an assistant to the QB coach....

3. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

You want KFC to mentor Young? You guys must really want VY to be a choke then.

4. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

Did he not mentor VY last season? To a Pro-Bowl and ROY?

Vince will take the good things Collins can offer him passing wise and adapt them into his game. When has VY ever choked?

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

How is he mentoring him? Chow is a great QB coach, and they arent the same type of QB at all. Sure being a veteran he can offer advice here and there, but Im not sure what this issue about Kerry being Vince's mentor. Vince is the starter, Kerry is the back up, Chow is the coach. Nothing more to it than that.

6. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

What good things does KFC have to give to young? How to throw great to the other team? It was all Vince last year. KFC had nothing to do with vince being ROY. He was too pissed that he got benched.

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

So it it wasnt Kerry at all last year, then why do you think he is going to have a negative affect on Vince this year?

8. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Titans today announced they have reached the terms of a contract for QB Kerry Collins. "Kerry is a great fit for this team," Titans General Manager Mike Reinfeldt said. "A veteran quarterback that understands his role and that can be a sounding board for a young quarterback is a special commodity and one of great value for both Vince (Young) and this team. Maybe more importantly, we also trust that if he is called upon to win games, he certainly can do that." Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

9. DJB

DJB Starter

You remember that guy who was the reason we didn't make the playoffs last year....lets re-sign him

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

lamont thompson? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar