Titans Remain Sixth in NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: If the NFL Draft was held today, the Titans would pick sixth even after winning this past weekend. The Texans remain first, followed by the 49ers, with the Saints third. With all of last week’s 4-8 teams losing Sunday, seven teams are 4-9. Tennessee gets the nod with a .462 opponents win percentage, but could fall because its three remaining foes, Seattle, Miami and Jacksonville, have a combined winning percentage of .667.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. SteveH

SteveH Starter

Who'd have thought at the start of the season we'd have the same record at Baltimore after 13 games... still, be good to have D Mase right now

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Just think if we didn't have to play the Texans twice, we'd be #2! Oh yeah, and why has everyone stopped talking about Leinart?? The Heisman means nothing. Absolutely nothing. Does anyone know about anyone else going into the first round but Bush and Leinart? Is there any quality there, or does the media just talk about the first few.. I remember them talking about Pacman last year.

4. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Alot of people are thinking Ohio States LB, Hawk. I hope he's available in the 6th spot. Other players being Vince Young, QB Texas, Vandys QB.
    ________
    Public stadium

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

at this point I would be thrilled to get Hawk at 6 - BUT as long as that concensious objector Schwartz is DC it does not matter how many 1st rounders are selected, he will just continue his genuis ways, and giving up 25+ points per game

6. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

I would love to get Leinart, that being said... as long as we retain Volek, it won't happen. Volek's trade value was at it's highest last year and Fisher/Reese made it clear to him he would get the starting nod once McNair hung it up ( doesn't mean much, but its something ). McNair is do a 50 Million dollar roster bonus next year that we all know the Titans' aren't going to pay... so the assumption of McNair reworking his contract with added years is safe to say. Adams has limited time and is in agreement with Reese and Fisher that the Titans' are reloading, not rebuilding. He's not going to be patient with a rookie QB when he has a probowler under center. They wont consider that value-vs-need. Now it could get interesting if Leinart is considered the best player availible when it's their turn to select... If thats the case they'll trade out of the spot.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Our top pick and volek for mcnabb......

Don't know if the eagles would even consider it but right now if i'm mcnabb i don't want to play in that piece of crap town. He is one of the best QBs in the league and if it was even remotely possible i would try to get him.

8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

The point about D mason is worth mentioning, I think you would have really had a great year with chow's O, I mean a lot of underneath stuff and breaking tackles, just what Mason did anyways.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the only thing that worries me about hawk being there at 6 is green bay. at the end of these three last games they might be 2-1 and we might be 1-2(assuming we beat miami)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar