Titans released Dion Lewis & Cameron Wake

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Mar 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

We all are.

2. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Well, I mean, if you're gonna play that game.....
    It's "It's".
    It's also "I'm".

Just sayin'....

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I did that on purpose

No one like grammer nazis, if youre going to correct ppl you have to ease it on them

4. 305phonzo

305phonzo Starter

DaQuan Jones you’re on the clock

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Tricky

Tricky Starter

You really think so? We would save 7m if we cut him... but hes pretty good.
    Would be great if they can get him to sign an extension with a pay cut.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Jones actually performed well

The other guys were easy cuts. They did nothing in 2019.

Im not sure what Jones future holds

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. 305phonzo

305phonzo Starter

With all the talk about signing Reader or Clowney. Every dollar is needed

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Jones was very good for us last yr...I don’t see him getting cut...this is his contract yr and we know how guys always seem to ball out with that extra added incentive of hitting FA

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Jones was an unsung hero last year. I saw a lot of stats that implied he was double-teamed a LOT and enabled other guys to get open and make plays.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Big fan of DQ. He was the 3rd most double teamed DT in the league last year and still posted an above average win ratio. He quietly had a solid season and IMO underrated.

I know people have been talking about replacing him with Reader because he’s younger but why not keep both? The counter argument I got was well you can only play 3 DTs. That’s true but as we saw last year when Casey went down the DLine suffered significantly. The same happened with Simmons when he was out. Solid DTs are hard to come by in the NFL.

Jones,Reader(maybe),Simmons, and Casey could potentially be the best front in the league not to mention outstanding rotation/depth. Jrob could always restructure DQ $7mil and give him more guaranteed money to lower the hit if need be.

Now if the Titans want to pursue Reader and a heavy hitter like Clowney then all this changes but if you can keep both DTs I certainly would.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar