Titans Release TE Kinney

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

he was great, there is no reason for the jumping banana you jerk. Everyone complains about the "thuggery" on our team, and then almost everybody's glad to see one of the last good people on our team go. I don't know how you people sleep at night.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

in a race car.

[​IMG]

4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

haha.. nice bed

While Kinney was the model citizen off the field (fighting fires and doing all sorts of good deeds), his on the field production was subpar. He was like the antithesis of pacman (Mr. Nice guy on and off the field)

5. nickmsmith

nonononoo. IMHO Ben Troupe should have been cut long before Kinney. Ben is way over-rated. It's crazy how one year, you are one of the only bright spots of the team, next year you are out, and EVERYONE turns on you like you were never productive.

6. nickmsmith

and yeah, we really needed that extra roster spot, because we need to keep a real stud who has shown us a lot, like Donnie Nickey.

:sarcasm:

7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

IMO Troupe should also be cut.. he has yet to consistently show why the Titans drafted with their 2nd round pick in 04'... and IMHO Kinney hasn't really even been a "bright spot" on our roster he had ONE decent year and then he had a major injury to his right knee.. which is very hard to bounce back from.. i don't blame the Titans for trying to make their team the most competitive it can be...

8. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

i dont think we cut him because of lack of production or speed or playmaking ability... i think that injury has ended his career.
    we know that, so we aren't just gonna let him get payed for nothin.

i liked kinney. too bad to see him go... i guess it was coming though... shoulda seen it.

on the bright side...
    how much cap room does this free up?
    didn't we resign him a couple of years ago?

9. MattPan25

MattPan25 Guest

hate to see him go but it was time, he was good for us when he was here. im glad we had him. ik he was most likly gonna be cut either way but with this new gm it seems like we arnt gonna be tied down by players we have had for awhile. like woolfolk or thompson, hopefully they are next.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Kinney was a solid player and was an above average TE. He was average as a pass catcher and above average as a blocker. His injury might end his football career, not his ability to produce when healthy.

Also, saying we should cut Troupe is simply ridiculous. Like that would make us MORE competitive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar