Breaking News Titans release Taylor Lewan, Robert Woods, Zach Cunningham & Randy Bullock

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Feb 22, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

They are going to have to clear a lot more than this to even put together a team. Going to be a rough season I’m guessing. Might be smart to tank for #1. I’ll trade one bad season for 15 great ones with a star QB.

#51 KyTitansFan, Feb 22, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2023
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
  2. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Had to be done. Nothing has happened so far that surprises any of us so far.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

If we cut Dupree, Jemarco Jones and Ben Jones retires, we will have $152 million in cap space in 2024. Good lawd! We could sign anyone we want this off-season and just backload their contracts.

4. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Oddly, it costs more to cut Jones than to keep him. It would make sense to give him a shot (if finally healthy) given how sparse the OL roster is.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I’m not so sure about that. I doubt they want to roll with either Willis or Josh. I suppose that could sign a bridge guy like Menshew or Jacoby, but they still need a young gun to cultivate and I’m don’t see where that guys comes from right now. Tanking isn’t going to happen if for no other reason than Vrabel’s ego wouldn’t allow him to do that.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Projections show that the Titans should have north of $90 million in cap space in 2024. We may have to take it on the chin this year and just deal with the mess J-Rob left us in. But that may actually play to our favor - it's a strong QB class next year (much better than this year), plus $90 million to work with to build your team and we could see a quick turn-around.

EDIT: Correction - $122 million in cap space for 2024.

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

It's the same way with Farley's contract too. Would literally cost us more if we cut him.

I always forget about Jemarco, but maybe he can surprise us and fill one of the guard spots.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I was a big fan of Lewan for a long time. It sucks it ended like it did (PEDs, injuries, ect)

Can't pay him what he was making but he was a fun player for quite some time.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  9. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

42B9340B-ED71-4C67-B56B-E9A9C3E8BD6D.jpeg

Is this guy salty or what?

• LOL LOL x 3
  10. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Would you want to play WR for this team? Especially in last year's state?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar