Breaking News Titans release Taylor Lewan, Robert Woods, Zach Cunningham & Randy Bullock

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Feb 22, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

I hear this a lot, but aside from Farley and Simmons, who did we take that had injury concerns coming out of college?

Looking at the past 4 draft classes, there don't seem to be any stand out years where he took big risks on several players coming off injuries:
    • 2022 - None that I can tell
    • 2021 - Farley was a big risk. No one else had major college injury concerns
    • 2020 - Wilson was a bum and a bust, but not an injury risk. The rest of that class were healthy their whole college careers.
    • 2019 - Simmons was a risk, but it worked out big time. Even AJ never missed a game in college.
    So I'm just not sure where this idea that JRob took a bunch of guys that had known injuries. On the two he did take a risk, he was 50/50 - and one was a huge success.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Not drafts picks but signing bud off a torn ACL and trading for woods also off a torn ACL.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

FA signings ... plenty signed just as priest left the room

4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Already mentioned, but I was going to say consider the FA signings as well.

5. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

Exactly!

6. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

7. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Which means he'll be on the team for 2023.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I may be wrong but as I understand it they just need to wait until the 2023 season officially starts then he's more likely to be cut then.

9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

No, the league begins March 15th. They can cut him then.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Not a fan of cutting Dupree unless you really think his health issues are going to be a persistent problem. You can save as much cap space by just doing a straight restructure of his contract.

I want to see Landry, Autry, Simmons, and Dupree get after it.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar