Breaking News Titans release Taylor Lewan, Robert Woods, Zach Cunningham & Randy Bullock

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Feb 22, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

The ACL tear will drop him down in the draft. Again, I have no idea where he would be projected even before injury etc... I was just saying he'd be a better non first round project than Willis if the plan is to get a QB this year and keep Tannehill around.

2. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Think we address QB next year. Pretty much tied to Tammy and need to spend seriously in protection. Can’t set a newbie up for failure.

• Cheers Cheers x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I’m a Vandy fan not a UT homer…. Hooker has completed over 60% of his throws every yr in college…even at Va Tech so his accuracy isn’t just a UT scheme thing.

You draft him this yr and put him in IR so that he doesn’t take up a roster spot… he sits and learns and heals up and then you re-evaluate the qb spot in 2024.

4. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Damn near 70% completion last season. I like that he's not a run first QB.

I wouldn't be mad if that happened, honestly. Question is, how high would he go in the draft and where would the Titans be comfortable taking a QB they know won't play for a year at least?

Never really thought too much in to drafting Hooker until he was brought up here. Looking at his stats and watching him play a few times, I don't hate the idea though.

5. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

The timing of these cuts suggests that we may start re-signing some of our UFA and RFA players this week before free agency begins. Obvious candidates include Nate Davis, Long Jr, Tart, Hooper, Morgan Cox, Demarcus Walker, Hilliard and a possible new deal for Big Jeff which we’d all love to see. Some depth guys I could see possibly returning are Dylan Cole, NWI, Corey Levin, Brewer and Mario Edwards.
    I could also see Ran bringing absolutely none of these players back and instead building an all new roster to his specs.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Dallas apparently has Hooker on their radar. I’m guessing he goes in the 2nd or early 3rd.

7. Prof_Plum

Prof_Plum Starter

Falls right in line with thinking Ryan Poles (Bears GM) got rid of Kahlil Mack, Robert Quinn and Roquan Smith last year so he could trade for B Dupree.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I would assume Dupree is next, even though it is a dead money hit, he just has not been worth the money. Jamarco Jones is a couple of million and has he ever played a down as a Titan?

9. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

Didn’t contracts years ago stipulate deductions of money for games missed
    I suppose it’s hard to make rules that’s fair to everyone

10. Shane Grimes

Shane Grimes Starter

Over 50% of the cap was on IR last year.

It does feel like something could be done to give teams cap space back to sign up replacements, as it got to a point last year where contracts had to be re-worked just to find the cap space to sign a guy off the streets.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar