Titans Release Statement on McNair Hearing

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The following statement was released by Titans Executive Vice President and General Counsel Steve Underwood: "Both sides presented their respective positions to John Feerick, the arbitrator, during the day today in nearly eight hours of testimony. We feel confident Mr. Feerick has a complete understanding of the relevant issues in the case and the applicable provisions of the collective bargaining agreement. We understand a decision is likely within the next two weeks. We will not issue any further comment on the issue until a decision has been rendered." Feerick said he would rule by June 1 on the case.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

...of just b*tch*n

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

And the arbitrator was thinking, "Is he STILL talking?!!"

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I woulda thought it would be something like this:

Arbitor - "Steve, what's the problem?"

Steve - "Titans wouldnt let me in, they sent me home"

Arbitor -"Floyd, why did you do this?"

Floyd - "I'll tell you, if you're willing to trade your 4th round pick in the 2007 draft"

8 hours later....

Arbiter - "Ok, so I'll trade you the 4th and 7th round pick in the 2007 NFL Draft, three home cooked apple pies from my wife, four fern trees and a toothpick for the McNair story and a map of the world".

Floyd - "Deal"

Arbiter - "So why wouldn't you let Steve in"

Floyd - "Didn't want him to get injured"

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

:ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar