Titans release NT Al Woods

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Bring on Williams or Poe

2. rekirts

rekirts Starter

weird

i don't think austin can be relied on to start yet?

3. 305phonzo

305phonzo Starter

Whoa!!!! Didn't see that coming

4. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

I bet it will be Hankins. He is a very good NT, but wont command that type of money Williams or Poe will.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Surprising to me. Doesn't save more than 2-3 million on a team that's already rich with cap space. Either they are priming for a big time NT signing, or they are satisfied with Blackson/Johnson, who are younger and cheaper than Woods. Don't be surprised if it's the latter.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Meh. Austin Johnson may be ready to step up and adding a mid to high pick or a solid FA would land Woods in a 3rd string role anyway.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  7. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Thanks for your contributions to the team Al. Good luck in the future.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Well, I am not surprised by the cut - I had him on my list of players to be cut - but I am surprised by the timing. Cutting him now saves $2.188M against the cap but waiting until after June 1 would have saved $2.938M.

Agree 100% with the posters above who said Titans feel comfortable with Blackson and Johnson, who can both play several positions. Poe, Hankins and Brandon Williams still very much in play in my mind.

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Maybe doing Woods a favor by releasing him at the start of free agency. He seems like a good guy

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Surprised by the move, Woods is the only true NT on the team. Johnson, Da'Quan and Blackson are all 5 techniques, so there must be a move in the works. NT to me one of the bigger needs on our team with CB and ILB.

Thanks Al, I always thought he was solid.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar