Titans Release Chris Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

I'm so glad we have 17 million in cap space now IN APRIL AFTER ALL THE FREE AGENTS ARE GONE. Genius. If they were gonna do this, it should have been months ago so we could do something with the money and not just sit on it.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Trade back in the 2nd to pick up a third and still draft Tre Mason mid 2nd. Problem solved. Not many teams need a rb so we can afford to risk it and drop. According to the draft pick number chart, we would need to go from 42 to down quite a bit. So we might have to pick up a 4th instead unless a team is desperate.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

It should be noted this is not officially official yet. Physical is taking place now. Meeting with Webster has not occurred.

The release is clearly going to happen. Just saying it's not official yet as thread title suggests.

4. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Cant forget rookies and money we will need to resign wright and casey. Also, this money can roll over til next year when we have a better idea on who fits and doesn't in this system. We can go after better FA next year.

5. RockyTop Fox

Rookie money is separate for the first year. Resigning players will have minimal impact on the cap for THIS YEAR, and not nearly all of it will roll over. It's a complete waste from a football standpoint. I don't care if CJ gets 10 touches all year, that 6 million bucks can't play football on it's own. But then again, maybe neither can CJ.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I thought this was a pretty weak FA class overall. There's no one I'm really mad we missed out on.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Me and the gf will be celebrating this news tonight during date night.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So I guess you don't think we should extend Casey Wright or anyone else huh.

• High Five High Five x 5
  9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Obviously you don't have a clue how contract structures work.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. RockyTop Fox

No I'd love to extend those two guys, but the bottom line is we will be going into the season well under the cap limit. We could have gone after some better players in stead of settling for bums like Mr. Blindside.

What I'm saying doesn't make economic sense from an Owner's perspective, but from a football perspective it does. I'd rather pay a dude 10 million and give him the ball one time the whole season. That would get you more production than having no one and sitting on that 10 million. Extreme example but you need to understand that. Tommy Smith is making it known that he might care more about profit than building a championship team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar