Breaking News Titans release CB Malcolm Butler

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thanos22

Thanos22 Rookie

He was almost all pro. Look at his numbers

2. Thanos22

Thanos22 Rookie

Breon is terrrrribbblllee

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  3. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Agree. He was too expensive. You don’t pay a corner who moves to safety 14 mill.

• Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  4. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Thanos22, not move to safety with us. In general as other aging corners have done. I think we were planning to dump Butler all along because of the salary hit. Not really a WTF moment here.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

He’s not terrible. He did have 1 horrendous game but also 4 solid games on a pretty bad defense.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Frankly, I think scheme was a huge part of the secondary problems. If you're going to give huge cushions and play bend don't break, you may as well let random fans play cb.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Line me up and shoot me if that’s what I said. I don’t think it is, but if I did. Oh my god. I was wrong, doesn’t bother me to be wrong, I said I was a little shocked didn’t I? Are some of you really that hung up on being right? Ever ask a girl out and she says no? Ever been gambling? Been married? You are going to be wrong. Stuff happens!

I know I said JRob would do what we needed to do to get better. Let’s see who he signs and picks on the draft.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

Because he was the only good player in the secondary last year!

9. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

I like Butler but he’s not worth $14mill. And after last years disaster of a defense drastic moves and changes are warranted.

Also, keep in mind that a solid pass rush makes even an average secondary look way better. We HAVE to improve our pass rush more than we need to pay an aging CB $14million.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We cut Simmons?

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar