Titans Release 20, Two More To Come Later

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I would like to see Payton make the team, I just don't know where he fits. If we traded Henry or Brown maybe then. It sucks for Troy, but Hall played well and Troy was hurt. It won't make much difference, but we probably save a small amount of money keeping Hall over Fleming. And FB isn't very important on a team with so many good TE's.

2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Spencer and Payton are the last two cuts according to the Tennessean

3. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

They need to find a way to keep Payton, this kid deserves it. Nothing but class, just a good kid. can he go to the practice squad ?

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

some big players cut today; Chad Lavalais, Curtis Deloatch, Hanik Milligan, Carlos Hall, Junior Siavii, Ross Tucker, Montavious Stanley, Pete Hunter, Robert McCune, Matt Ware were the most notable that I saw.

5. Payton should go to the practice squad, I saw a lot of him in NFL Europe, and boy was he good, very powerful runner.

6. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

So Gardner, Guenther, and Orr are the most likely to get cut next? That's what Kuharsky's Tennessean piece says. He's pretty reliable.
    I hope they cut Gardner soon...

7. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I'd love a way to keep Payton, but I am pretty sure his practice squad eligibility is over now. He was on it for a full year two years ago right? Then he started last year on the PS.

8. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

That was my point, I know he was on the practice squad at one time and i wasnt sure the rules about going back or even if there were rules.

9. I guess you guys are right about his eligibility, I'd want some good proof though..............

10. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar