Titans Release 20, Two More To Come Later

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Tennessee Titans have waived 20 players and two more will be announced later today to reach the NFL-mandated 53 player limit. The following players have been released: TE Ben Hall, TE Jamie Petrowski, C Joel Rodriguez, G Cody Douglas, G Mike Erickson, T Brad Rhoades, WR Grant Mattos, DE Sean Conover, DE Tim Thompson, DT Jeff Littlejohn, DE Copeland Bryan, DT Chris Herring, CB Keon Raymond, QB Matt Mauck, FB Troy Fleming, WR Tyrone Calico, RB Quinton Ganther, LB Terna Nande, DB Antoine Harris, LB Marcus Randall.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Sounds odd that Nande and Randall got the axe, yet we haven't heard Spencer's name.

And Payton still on the roster?

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

You're right, odd that Randall is axed, and others who have been as invisible as Nande are not... must have shown something at practice that we're not privy to.

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Interesting nugget from Fisher:

"I don’t believe when we finalize this today with the two remaining players that this is going to be it. We’re going to be very active on the waiver wire. We’re going to be active as far as trades are concerned. There have been years in the past when I’ve said this is the group we’re going to war with, this is not the case (this year). We’re going to continue to try to upgrade this roster."

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

and the last 2 ?

I thought those two had to be announced by 5pm

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it's about pucking time ! :grrr:

7. sbrlz2787

sbrlz2787 NFL Europe

I am furious...CALICO..FLEMING..NANDE..????

8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Does the fact that Payton is still on the roster mean that pretty soon Brown or Henry won't be?

9. notsolegato

notsolegato Camp Fodder

calico- sucks

fleming- has shown flashes, but hall really stepped up

nande- he's been pretty much invisible.

10. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

Fleming can be pretty good. They must think he's not coming back from his injury and gonna be 100%

Calico...Just a sad case...needed more glue on his hands...somebody will pick him up

Don't know much about Nande

I think they hold on to Volek, but not for long...Both sides are looking for a trade IMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar