Titans reclaim No. 1 in power rankings

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Dec 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky

On the strength of a blowout of Cleveland and the Giants home loss to Philadelphia, the Titans eked back into the No. 1 spot in the new edition of the ESPN.com NFL power rankings. The average vote for Tennessee was 1.5; for the Giants, 1.58.

I dropped the Colts one spot despite their blowout win over the Bengals because I was impressed with Carolina and felt the Panthers deserved to move up.

I'm one of four voters that have Atlanta all the way up at eighth, while someone has the Falcons as low as 17th. I am a believer in what they've got going on and expect a big finish.

As always, so you know whose mailbag to flood with your complaints, here's a link to an excellent breakdown of the voting by NFC West maven Mike Sando.

More...

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

As it should be. :yes:

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

We just barely got it, that's what shocks me. Consistency over 13 weeks, doesn't that mean anything?

4. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Amazingly we lose to a "at the time" division leader and possible SB contender and were #2 behind the Giants last week. Giants lose to the worst ranked team in their Division at home, and we destroyed the other team that beat the Giants yet we still eke into the #1 spot? Eh whatever, Titans are #1 again, and hopefully finish the season out that way.

5. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

You ever notice how most NFL "experts" basically give excuses why the Giants were MAN handled by the Eagles...However when we've lost one game they were about to crown the Jets asses as the AFC representative in the superbowl?...the Eagles on the other hand just played the Giants at the "right" time, namely the Giants were distracted, if Nixon hadn't dropped that one pass, blah blah blah. What about our excuses? Our five drops? We lose once - "Titans aren't who they thought they were." Giants lose TWICE - once to a bad Browns team who we destroyed and an Eagles team who isn't all that good at this point - and "Giants have just had a bad game." In their loses they've had the exact same problems we did in our one loss - they couldn't run the ball effectively and their passing game was suspect. But yet some how their offense is sooooooooo much better then ours? Please.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

..with the exception of the Jets matchup and the first quarter of the Browns, of course ;)

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The first quarter of the Browns game wasn't really that bad. Our defense was holding at the least.

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Can't wait to watch the Giants visit the Girls this week. Might be the only time in my life I'll root for Dallas.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

So this means we go to the National Championship game, right??!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar