Titans Recievers Up For The "Challenge"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DCtitan49, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

unless we get this years marquis colstan...HOFSTRA ALL THE WAY!

2. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Colston is not as good as his stats indicate, he benefitted from a very good system and a great QB having an MVP-caliber season. If you look at the games he missed due to injury, Devery Henderson came in and had similar numbers. Colston is a good reciever, don't get me wrong, but he wouldn't do as a #1 WR and if he weren't in the Saints' offense he would not have had nearly as good of numbers. When your QB is throwing for 4400+ yards, someone has to catch for them.

3. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Colstan is gifted, physically, he would be a great #1 anywhere else...

4. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

No, he wouldn't, he's good, but not that good. I wouldn't want him as anything more than a #2 at this point. That's not to say that he won't be a solid #1 at some point, but right now, going into his second year, I don't see him as a top tier WR. He could be a #1 on some teams (like us probably) but not on most.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Your arguments against Colston are virtually the other side of our WRs. Who knows what kind of season some of our guys, including Bennett last year could have had if we had a MVP-caliber QB throwing the ball for 4400 yards?
    Good point. Now maybe everyone will get a better perspective. Just drafting Bowe or Meachum isn't going to solve all our passing game problems. If we can't generate at least the same running game from the RB position we had last year our offense will be crap except for an occasional VY highlight run. The Saints also had Reggie Bush and McCallister. All we have, right now is LW and who knows what he is going to bring.

6. smili

smili Starter

Weren't B.Jones, Roby, Roydell, and Orr all supposed to be burners? I don't recall 40 times, but I thought all these guys clocked pretty fast. B.Jones seems to play faster as a WR than the others.

7. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Only recievers I can see stepping up are Jones, Williams, and mayb Roby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar