Titans reach deal with veteran tackle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jun 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans agreed to terms with veteran tackle Barry Richardson on Wednesday.

He’ll add depth to a unit that’s currently dealing with injuries to starters Michael Roos (back) and David Stewart (leg).

Richardson (6-6, 319), who worked out for the Titans recently, has five seasons of NFL experience. He started all 16 games for the Rams last season.

A sixth round pick of the Kansas City Chiefs in 2008, Richardson played his four years for the Chiefs and logged 33 starts at right tackle.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I was wondering if they were willing to roll with Stingily being the main backup at tackle. Glad they signed another body, though I don't know anything about him. If Roos or Stewart go down I'm glad we have more depth.

3. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Anyone know anything bout this scrub?

Someone ask Finny on twitter or something, get the inside scoop.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

good signing I guess

5. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

Started 16 games last year. Good enough for me in a backup tackle.

6. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

It's great to have this much depth with players who have actually started for extended periods of time. I never want to see another season like last season where we had so many terrible, inexperienced linemen starting because of injuries. And even if these backups don't play on offense much, they'll still be on the field a lot on special teams. You can never have too much experience and depth at the O-line.

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Just depth, folks.

Didn't see this coming, but it's good depth.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Lots of starting experience and looks like a big RT type we don't really have in Stingly or Otto. Might be a real ice guy to have come in if Stewart gets dinged again.

9. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

This is the kind where you hope you never see him on the field. That means something is going wrong, be it injury or bad play by either tackle.

10. WV2SoCalTitan

WV2SoCalTitan Starter

With Stewart come back from a broken leg, signing a rt with a good amount of starting experience, makes a lot of sense regardless of how we feel about stingly.
    Good pick up imo.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar