Titans Reach Contract Agreement with WR Filani

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Titans have agree to terms with the sixth of their 10 draft picks by reaching an agreement with WR Joel Filani. The sixth-round pick, like the other draft picks who have reach a deal thus far, received a four-year deal with minimum base salaries in addition to a signing bonus. The 6-foot-3, 216 pound Filani put up big numbers playing for a wide-open offense at Texas Tech, finishing his career with 178 catches for 2,927 yards and 28 touchdowns. The NFL draft analysis on Filani claims he lacks blazing speed but is a quick-twitch runner with above-average balance and body control working in the short area. He ran a 4.71 in the 40-yard dash.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I read 4.55 40, but who cares, his highlight film was sweet :yes:

3. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I was impressed with his highlight reel. He is a big guy and he does use his size against the corner. I think he'll be top three next year...

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

this one ?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GUTe7mtx0rA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GUTe7mtx0rA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

5. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

Looks great! Coming from TTU he probally has never had to block a single down in his career!

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

That is a good highlight reel. Same one we saw on draft day. Well, that kind of got me hyped about him again.

However, the chances of him being top three next year are about the same as everyone else's. It's going to be hard if Jones, R Williams, Gage, P Williams and C Davis all succeed. Not to mention Orr, or Givens being healthy next year. Mighty difficult.

I guess really all I can hope is that someone or two clearly sucks so we can cut them.

7. bob45x32

bob45x32 Starter

\The cath against Baylor it took the whole D to stop him...and he didnt even fall...and the the next clip wit the spin move was great!!!

8. Nash

Nash Starter

Filani

he looks like a solid #2 to me.. not real quick but physical.. snatches the ball out of the air.. decent YAC.. not sure about how he'll get open as I didn't see him set up anyone for a route on this video.. but other than Gage there is not another receiver that plays that style, unless Biren Ealy does..

9. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

why dont people realize this, a highlight film/reel is just a short cut video with a team's/player's best plays throughout a season or carreer, therefore EVERYONE LOOKS GOOD IN A HIGHLIGHT REEL!!!

10. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Man I really like this guy. I know they are highlight videos but P Williams has pretty impressive highlights as well. Its just Davis that doesnt look that Impressive to me. I dont know if we have our future number one on our roster but Filani looks like a good pick up at where we got him in the draft

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar