Titans Reach Agreement with Rookies Harris and Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by thnom, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Leroy Harris signs

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2932058

Nice to see Reinfeldt moving eventually on signing our picks. 4-year contract, not too shabby. Can see this guy getting playing time this year (I can see mawae beginning to break down towards the back end of the year).

2. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Tennessee Titans have reached agreements with fourth-round draft pick C Leroy Harris and fifth-round DT Antonio Johnson. Harris received a four-year deal that includes scheduled league minimum salaries: $285,000 this year, $370,000 in 2008, $435,000 in 2009 and $510,000 in 2010. Harris could ultimately be the successor for veteran Kevin Mawae at center. The 6-3, 310-pound Johnson was selected with the 152nd pick overall out of Mississippi State. He could work himself into the defensive line rotation quickly.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

3. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Titans sign fourth-round pick center Harris to deal

The Tennessee Titans broke into the draft pick signing column on Tuesday, reaching an agreement with fourth-round center Leroy Harris of North Carolina State. ...more

[​IMG]

4. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Why doesn't the NFL have a rookie pay scale like the NBA? Most of these picks would be signed by now

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think it'll be the next big topic for players and owners to work out.

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Finally someone gets signed...........I like BigRed3's idea of the payscale like the NBA it would speed up the process and make it fair for all the players.

7. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

This is good news. I hope we get all our picks signed, and ready to play at the start of camp.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I don't think a payscale is coming any time soon. It would hurt the agents too much, they'll never fight for it. They're the same agents for the union.

9. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

That's true. Even though a lot of the players don't see til the end of their contracts, agents like to brag that they got their clients an 8 year, 80 million dollar deal, even if he only gets through three or four of the years.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

A rookie pay scale is a no brainer IMO and with the slotting of salaries it almost ends up working out the same anyway. Also, vet players shouldn't care as much about rookie salaries so why would they fight it? The "agents" don't have a dog in the fight.

I just hope Antonio Johnson is a beast because we sure need that on our DL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar