Titans Re-sign DE DaQuan Jones 3 yrs/$21 Million

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Why is everyone obsessed with Poe?

Dudes been a free agent like 3 out of the last 4 years... that’s not a good thing.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Not saying you're wrong, as he's likely done. Guess I'm just holding on to a sliver of hope that Vrabel can get him turned around. Nor expecting it, but if there were ever coaches who could, I'm confident they're now in Tennessee.

3. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

I'm not concerned with where we were, I am concerned with where we can be.

4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

He's only been in the FA once before this and only signed a one year, prove it deal.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Finnebosch

He was getting beat out by Aaron Wallace and the shell of what use to be Eric Walden last training camp. I doubt that Dodd makes it through TC unless he really 180s his career this offseason.

6. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Maybe my memory is wrong but either way clearly he didn’t prove it.

Dude had one good year and fans can’t seem to let go of it.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Bill Barnwell's opinion

You know what opinions are like............

DE DaQuan Jones, Titans
    Grade: C

It's a little shocking to see Tennessee hand out a contract to a player who has never been a member of the Patriots, :rimshot: (he'll be here all week folks)
    but the Titans have made an exception for Jones, a homegrown product. The 2014 fourth-round pick has rounded into his role as a solid run-stuffing interior lineman for the Titans, who have been far worse against the run without Jones on the field. With Jones in the lineup, Tennessee has allowed 3.6 yards per carry and first downs on 19.6 percent of rush attempts. Without the Penn State product, the Titans have allowed 4.2 yards per carry and first downs 21.6 percent of the time.

Jones even threw in a little bit of pass-rushing production last season, racking up 3.5 sacks, although a closer look suggests two of them would probably qualify as coverage sacks. Defensive linemen who profile as run-only contributors don't make much hay in free agency -- Bennie Logan and Dontari Poe had to settle for one-year deals last year and are still in the market this offseason -- so it's a bit of a surprise that Tennessee had to go to three years and $21 million to bring back Jones.

Barnwell's NFL free-agency and trade grades: Dolphins making moves

8. Finnebosch

Debatable. He just got the same contract Jones got.

9. 305phonzo

305phonzo Starter

10. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

He had less tackles and sacks in a 4-3 defense than Jones did in a 3-4 and Jones missed a few games.

Poe had 2.5 sacks and 23 tackles in 16 games this year. In a 4-3 defense and he’s about to make 9 million a year. Weak sauce.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar