Titans RB Situation Uncertain for '06

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

(because we're cautious of him getting hurt)

2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I think that he (brown) has indeed proved himself. Unfortunatly what he has proved is that he is a 2.2 ypc runner with an occasional 15 yarder thrown in to "pad" his stats.

3. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

I think we could defiantly upgrade the RB position, we need a bigger punishing type back than what we have now.

4. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I like Chris on a personal level, but Travis is probably going to be the better back in the long run.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Ok. Do you work at Baptists Sports Park or something? It's evident that you are on a first name basis with Lamont Thompson. Now you like Chris on a personal level...? What exactly to you mean by that? As a bystander or fan? Are you saying Chris carries emotion in his face while Travis is cold?

it's all good, and yes Travis is going to be a better back in the long run.

This year, CB's last year...
    RIDE HIM HARD AND HANG HIM UP WET.

His contract is about up and I say we get our monies worth.
    Don't say that to loud around Soxcat but CB has got skills.
    He knows. His mama knows it. His hoochie knows it.
    It's all good. Give us more.

We need the next Bush to go with our Young.
    Henry a Titan in '07...it could happen.

6. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I just hope Henry is in the Weight room, or on the track getting in the best shape of his carrier. Him and brown have to know that the starting spot will be up for grabs come Camp time. They can hopefully make each other better.

7. coleman51

coleman51 Guest

We should find out Kansas City's asking price for Priest Holmes. He's coming off an injury plagued season, and the new coach in town (Edwards) has already named Larry Johnson the starter. I don't see it financially possible for the Titans to get him, but we should at least consider. I don't think Priest wants to be a backup for the rest of his career in KC.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The problem is Holmes is in his last year or so anyway. The rest of his career isn't going to be very long.

I'm kinda confused by BIPOLAR's comment. I'm a big CB supporter. CB just has to be utilized on plays that give him the best opportunity to succeed. We saw what he can do as a reciever. Brown is never going to be like Eddie George. Also, Brown had a great YPC last year and I doubt he suddenly started stinking this year. Our OL has to improve.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Man, Priest Holmes is like 90 years old... plus I believe he's contemplating retirement.

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

He didn't do anything spectacular as a receiver. He got two long plays where there was no one around to tackle him, but other than some well executed screens, that's about it. He doesn't have great hands. I don't think we'll see him being a big time receiving threat like LT, Barber, or James. I think he's just an average receiver. But he can be an excellent blocker on passing plays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar