Titans RB situation in 08?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Wow, you must be inside my head :lol:

I have no reason to love our linemen and hate LW. I'm just calling it how I see it. And getting a better run game points more towards the RB than o-line. The only thing is the o-line will probably change some for the future, but it won't be because the o-line is bad.

2. CNYTitanFan

CNYTitanFan Guest

With regards to one on the list: I've been keeping an eye on Derrick Ward (RFA - NY Giants) and, IMO, would be a great fit for use plus he can catch out of the backfield. Some words about him:

2008 NFL Free Agents - Running Backs

Stats from NFL.com: Derrick Ward Profile

Bear in mind that his numbers are as a backup. I've been impressed with what he's shown this season.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I've read Ward is unrestricted. Definitely a guy to keep your eye on. He looked good to me this year.

4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Rudi Johnson
    Marion Barber III
    Derrick Ward

And of course, El Dub

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

From what I've seen of White, when there is a lane, he is quick enough to get 10-15 yards out of it at least. Brown is good for about 10-20 or more. But I'd like to draft a young scat back who can go the distance against slower teams. I really feel like we need speed. Lendale will still be here for the red zone. He is definately a runner who will run into the back of the line, but he falls forward for 3 every time. So I love him for that. I think we need some diversity because I don't see too many opportunites to get the All American back. They just aren't out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar