Titans RB Chris Johnson frustrated with poor start

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

After what he considered to be a productive training camp and preseason, Titans running back Chris Johnson said he was surprised at the team’s lack of success running the football on Sunday.

Johnson carried the ball 11 times for four yards against the Patriots. On Thursday, he called it another “frustrating” day.

“It’s just a situation where me and my teammates know we have a lot more work to do,’’ Johnson said. “Of course it makes you run angry, it makes you upset. … When things don’t go right I know everything is going to get pointed at me because I am the main focal point, I got a big contract.

“At the end of the day I just have to continue to work just like my other offensive players.”

Titans offensive coordinator Chris Palmer gave the Patriots credit.

The Titans travel to San Diego on Sunday to meet the Chargers.

“The philosophy in this league is if you’re a defensive coach, ‘What are they going to tell you? We’re going to stop the run, okay,’’ Palmer said. “Obviously we have to get better in the run game and they are all things we can correct. San Diego held Oakland to 50 yards so we have our work cut out for us this week.”

So what do the Titans need to improve?

“We could sustain our blocks better, we could run to the hole better, we could make better calls,’’ Palmer said. “It’s a combination of things. Everybody blames the quarterback when it’s not complete but is the protection alright? This is a team sport and you need all 11 guys involved whether it be the run game or the pass game.”

Source: Titans Insider

2. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

blah, another day ,another CJ rambling.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'd be pissed too if I sucked at my job as much as CJ.

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think CJ is going to make his impact as a receiver this Sunday. McFadden had 86 yards receiving to go with his 26 yards rushing.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The players say "we gotta work at it" as if theyre going to get better. You dont get better in the season. Some of these guys simply suck.

6. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

CJ had 47 yards receiving also :)

The Titans' offensive line graded out as having good run blocking on just two of Chris Johnson's 11 carries in Week 1.

Vince Wilfork and the Patriots' defensive line absolutely dominated one-on-one matchups. Johnson still danced too much, but he never had a shot to get his wheels spinning forward. The blocking can't get any worse when the Titans take on the Chargers Sunday. Sep 12 - 8:10 AM
    ESPN

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4743/chris-johnson

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Huh? Through out history teams have gotten better during the season. We started 1 - 4 before winning 11 of the last 12.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

That's because the Raiders were playing a guy who had 19 receptions at Temple his senior year and a free agent they signed on Thursday. Who else was Carson Palmer going to throw to?

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Heyward-Bay? He had almost 1,000 yards last season. Not too shabby.

10. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

That was pretty awesome/funny, though.

edit: No.. not heyward-bay

Derek Hagan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar