Titans QB Vince Young Says Police Hunt Last Year Embarrassed Him

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by -Scar-, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

In other breaking news the world is round ....

2. Morpheus E

Morpheus E Camp Fodder

Wait....another one?

Obsessive much?

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I think it's good VY is speaking out.

I rather see this VY than a VY who is staying to him self and not saying anything, that VY was fading fast with fans. Now all of a sudden VY has brought some spark back. I think we all would like VY to be a great QB. If he feels he is ready why not give him the chance? All the pressure is on VY now. Lets see if he can back the talk up.

We all know Bud Adams will not get rid of VY unless he fails multiple times anyways. IF VY has a good pre season I really think Bud Adams will have Fisher using VY very soon during a regular season game on a 3rd down and short or something.

Either way we have 2 QB's who want to be the starter. I think we should allow VY the right to play with CJ and our new group of WR's.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Like there's a QB in he league that doesn't want to be the starter.

5. -Scar-

-Scar- E-Legend

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mcnair was already an adult when he was drafted.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

My reaction on this board immediately after the Jags game and the following days events was the Vince's welfare was more important to me than how that might impact the Titans.I'm not a hater and have never said crap like ' Oh Vince must've wanted to kill himself'.

A lot has been speculated about Vince since then.None of it good because he alienated the press.The story could have been killed before the week 2 game by a simple press conference.

Poor advice,youth and immaturity,depression,anxiety? Who knows but for whatever reason it didn't happen and it was dealt with by waiting for the media spotlight fade away.

This interview now doesn't interest me.It's too late to have any relevance. IMO it's spin to try and garner some positive interest in a player who most people now think is a bust.

None of it matters though because the only thing that Young can do to bring about a change of attitude to himself is to shut up and do his talking on the field.

I'm interested in the Titans and can't wait for camp to begin.I'm sick of the Vince Young sideshow popping up as a distraction.

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

some QB's are fine with making money as a backup. Theres a lot of pressure to lead a team.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Agree 100% with Vince on this one. From day one I thought that the Titans, Fisher, and the whole organzation overeacted. They then let the media influence them further into making even worse decisions. It was piss poor human relations. No common sense was employed by anyone in the organzation. And to this day I think Vince will hold a grudge, just as I would, and just as anyone else would, because all of this has been ridiculous. And the quote here only proves it. Anyone with common sense would see this quote as demonstration that the whole thing was poorly handled, and that is what he is telling you, even a year later.

What bothers me most is that Fisher could not see the event clearly during the course of events. He seems like a sensible man. And here, he let his inner circle get the best of him. I mean on the football field, people blow off steam all the time, he should have been able to see through it. There was no chain of evidence, so signs, no clues, leading anyone to the conclusion that Vince was going do what they all said they thought he ws going to do. Nothing. Not even today from one professional person. Again, common sense.

Even the policie have policies in place to let 24 hours pass before reacting because they know that 99% of these situations are exactly what this one was, nothing. overeaction. I just don't understand how people with common sense could not handle this situation appropriately while it happened, and even worse, after. Not even the police.

If everyone would have waited 24 hours like they were supposed to, then this whole thing would have turned out like it was supposed to. Dude blew off steam for 30 minutes, and then it was over. That's exactly what happened, and should have happened, and everyone knows it.

If you are a parent, you are allowed to overeact. And it's ok for the son to think the parent overeacted, that is what sons do. It's everyone else who should have been using common sense as the thing played out then, and even now.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

Hindsight is everything, right?

Someone close to Vince told Fisher that VY was suicidal and driving around with a gun. I guess Fisher should have done nothing and just let Vince be Vince?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar