Titans promote Tim Kelly to Offensive Coordinator

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Feb 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies due to lack of activity. Consider opening a new thread instead.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

No need to be arrogant no matter what your role is or how successful you are.

2. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

I thought he was a class act

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

put that on the list of things you are wrong about

• LOL LOL x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

to be fair

he was... till he was not... last 5 ish years fishface was an arrogant db

early fishface was fine

And I still say... if I had a team that was a dumpster fire I would hire fisher on a 5 year deal but fire him after 4. Your team would be competitive and no longer a clown show dumpster fire

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Yea, I think he turned more of an 8 Aug into a 10 June kind of guy.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

In his decision to stick with Downing as the team’s OC for the entire 2022 season, Vrabel missed a big opportunity to see what Kelly can be as a play caller in Tennessee’s offense. If he had the answers to Tennessee’s offensive struggles moving forward, why was Kelly not given a bigger role sooner when your team was still alive last season?

After speaking with Vrabel over Zoom on Tuesday, the answer was made clear: Vrabel did not believe that making the move in season would have changed anything.

“I have to make decisions and I don’t know if during the season if anything would have really mattered. I really don’t,” Vrabel told the media. “What I’m focused on is where we’re able to go from here

7. KyTitansFan

He had to deal with a senile owner with dementia giving him orders. I don’t blame him.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I read that article too and the problem with that thought is that the injuries and poor roster would have been an unfair test for Kelly. No one could have shown much with the leftovers we trotted out on the field. It would have only tainted Kelly irrevocably.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  9. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

True and I'm sure it's hard to implement anything new in to the offense mid season. Sure, he could have been better at play calling but it wouldn't have been a fair assessment.

We'll see what he's got with an off-season to install his offense and how he does with play calling throughout the season.

10. KyTitansFan

The truth is, Vrabel doesn’t want someone to come in and run a new offense. He wants someone to run his offense and his offense sucks. Once he said he started having input on offense, it’s been all downhill since. Not going to convince a narcissist that someone else is better at something than them.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies due to lack of activity. Consider opening a new thread instead.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar